Saturday, December 16, 2023

llama-rama-ding-dong!!!

I swear, that sounded like a real song lyric in my head!

Why are those pack animals from Peru on my brain?

Because today is the day they went to their new homes!

When I found them at Grace Graffiti in Brunswick, I took some time to pick out the ones to give to each great-child: purple for Miyah, yellow for Chloe, brown for C J, fuchsia-striped for Alyssa, green-striped for Leila, lime green for Kobe.

The pale blue with the peach feet would be mine!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, that is not how it ended up. 

When I made up their gift bags, I left the keychain cum Christmas ornaments hanging on my tree, having decided the choice would be theirs.

Good thing, too, as my careful selections had been so incredibly off the mark!

Alyssa went for the pale blue one, Miyah loved the brown one (because of his rainbow neck), Chloe went for the purple one just before Leila could, so the younger twin chose the fuchsia-striped llama.

C J had been waiting in the truck with his dad; of the three remaining llamas, he picked the green-striped without a moment of hesitation.

LOL!

None of that went as I had thought it would.

Now, the lime green and the yellow await Kobe's choice.

(smile!)

We nine were all together for the free screening of "Elf" at the NCG cinema on Skidaway.

Hallelujah for that cinema!!!

Our holiday outing had started with just Michael and his girls, then I extended the invite to Christina and, next thing I knew, there were nine of us instead of seven!

No, I'm not counting Chloe's baby doll or Miyah's Stitch.

It's because Chris and C J came along, too!

The teen is almost as tall as his dad, but he's still got a little growing to do to reach Michael's height.

He'll hit a growth spurt in two years and we'll all be shorter than him.

So, what's going on right here?

We were all milling about in the lobby, avoiding the rain after the movie and deciding on where to dine.

Choices, choices!

We ended up at Sakura Buffett, which has plenty of choices for everyone's palate - thanks, Chris, for treating all of us to that scrumptious meal!

I heard him laughing during the movie, too, from his seat with his son in A-1 and A-2, there on the left.

Michael and I were right behind them.

Christina and the four little blondes were in the five seats in the front row.

I had selected those seats when I picked up the tickets on Thursday, thinking the kids would all be together and the adults across the aisle from them.

But when I let C J choose where he wanted to sit, he chose A-2... and that's how his dad ended up in A-1.

Christina opted to sit with the girls, so that let me and Michael be together, which really worked out very well!

(smile!)

Oh, did I mention that we were in the Sensory Friendly screening room?

That's because the regular room was almost full when I got the tickets.

Michael had said he didn't care which room, he just loved "Elf".

Me, too.

(smile!)

After the movie, he told me he liked having the lights "on" instead of "off" and had not noticed any difference from the lower volume setting.

As for me, I noticed one big difference: the girls all stayed in their seats.

Usually, they would be popping up and going to the bathroom several times.

Perhaps having low-level lighting discouraged that behavior?

I don't know for sure, but possibly.

All the girls had leftover popcorn this time, too.

I gave the twins, as well as Miyah and Chloe, Christmas presents of popcorn buckets to share, and even paid for the first fill-ups today.

Maybe holding those helped keep them seated, too.

Perhaps?

As for the mythical cookies, those will have to wait another time!

They stayed home under my tree... LOL!

What a wonderful time of togetherness today!

i thank You, God!

No comments: