Sunday, December 3, 2023

never have i ever...

... heard an Elvis Tribute Artist sing "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" -
taking off his coat to do so -
and really putting the moves out there -
even shaking his finger at me from the stage -
but that's exactly what Jordan Poole did this afternoon!
 
Here he is, right after that number, coat still off.
The other two guys are joking about that bawdy song with regulars in the audience, while watching for lightning from above.
Truly!
 
... heard "Kiss" done by an ETA -
yes, the one written by Prince -
the one I had requested but not expected -
sure that "Beth" by KISS would be performed instead -
but that's what Austin Irby sang right before Jordan's dance hit!
 
I was absolutely captivated by his rendition, too!
Remember - this man has dance moves for days and days!!!
No wonder that Jordan had to waggle his finger at me to behave!!!
Lord have mercy!!!
 
... attended a show where folks were called up from the audience to perform solo on stage -
like this woman Dana, and before her a guy named Mike -
and were allowed to do two songs each!
 
He sang "Achy Breaky Heart" and and Elvis song.
She did "You Ain't Woman Enough", with me mouthing the words -
then, in answer to my request, "Walkin' After Midnight"!!!
Maybe she thought I was special, there in Seat AA-2, right across from the tech station for the show...
I sure felt that way!
 
... heard original music at an ETA show -
but I did today -
and not just once, but twice -
with one written by Austin Irby and the other by his uncle.
 
"We Will Rise Up" was his and right in keeping with the theme of gospel for the first hour of this "Afternoon With The King".
The second was written for his mom, who died from COVID in 2021.
Titled "Just Believe (Your Miracle Is On Its Way)", it echoes the wisdom she would pass along to others when troubled.
Quite beautiful!
 
... seen an ETA doubling as emcee and tech guy -
as well as performing multiple times on the stage -
with ever a smile and a joke on his lips -
but that's exactly what Taylor Rodriguez has done all three days of this "Christmas With The King" show.
 
He even gracefully sang and danced to a song ("La Bamba") that he often gets asked to do just because of his last name.
He claimed that he hated the song... but he sure looked good doing it and smiled the whole time!
 
... seen a trio perform "American Trilogy" -
with each singer doing a section of the song -
and not a cape among them -
while the audience stood in allegiance -
whether southern-born or transplant.
 
Austin and Jordan are both Southerners, and Jordan is even Georgia-grown, so they were reverent throughout the song.
Usually two of them would have been cutting up while the third sang, but not for this final song of the afternoon - nope!

... taken a photo of an ETA holding a baby -
a child with no relation to them -
but there Taylor was, while Jordan and Austin looked on -
like they might all be honorary uncles -
and, perhaps, they might be!
 
The baby is six months old.
The mother is Dana, one of the guest singers, and she is apparently married to an ETA.
Was it the other guest singer, Mike?
No, I don't believe it was...
but I really don't know.
 
I snapped this photo -
instead of one with me and the three ETAs -
and then left to head home.
The time was already after 4 PM and I knew that darkness would come early on this drizzly day...
and it did.
It was definitely night when I got home about an hour ago.
What a marvelous birthday65 vacation I have had -
and safe travel back to Savannah!
i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh, my, I didn't mention the gospel songs, did I?

All three sang "How Great Thou Art" at the end of the gospel hour, and did so quite beautifully.
Taylor sang "He Touched Me", one he'd also done on Friday.
Austin did his original, "We Will Rise Up", which I think my grandparents would have enjoyed.
Jordan did a rocking song that I'd never heard before: "Something Going On In The Graveyard", all about The Rapture.
Apparently, that song gets sung at the Pentecostal church in Sylvester, GA.
Sure made an impression on me!
(smile!)
No one sang "Peace In The Valley" or "In The Garden", surprisingly.

During the request time in the second hour, we were treated to "Kentucky Rain" (by Taylor), In The Ghetto", "Blue Suede Shoes"(by Jordan), and "Such A Simple Question" (by Austin).
That last one was a request from Cassidy, Austin's longtime girlfriend.
Wonder if that's an inside joke for them?
(smile!)