Thursday, December 21, 2023

girls' day with my first niece!

Get this: it isn't even Tina Tuesday!

I guess it could be called Tina Thursday, but that doesn't have the same flow.

That's not really the point.

She's off from her teaching position and we were together for lunch and a movie!!!

Hooray!!!

Can you believe that we went to Chili's for our luncheon... and I took no photo?

I didn't take one inside the cinema, either!

I guess I was just too distracted being with her!

Then again, maybe it was her big news that was the distraction: she'll have a new job soon!

This time, she'll be paid for winter break and spring break, she'll have insurance and 401Ks and all that jazz, too.

And she won't be just a teacher; nope, not this time.

She's going to be a special needs teacher, going to various classrooms to assist her assigned students with particular topics, so she will have lots of variety in her days.

She is so excited about this new post, and so am I!

I guess there's no denying it: she's all grown up, and her years of experience, and her knowledge garnered from both college courses and past jobs are paying off now.

I am so proud of her!!!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Hahaha!
I was so excited still that I didn't say anything about the movie!
She and I saw "Anyone But You", a rom-com with the hotshot pilot from "Top Gun: Maverick", who had P-L-E-N-T-Y of near- and totally-naked scenes - woohoo!
Definitely rated "R", but full of laughs!
So glad Michael had the four little blondes running around with him!
(smile!)

faustina said...

The name of the school is quite interesting: Waldo Pafford.
When I did a search, here's what I found.

In 2021, it was honored as a Military Flagship school.
https://www.dvidshub.net/news/388845/local-elementary-school-makes-big-impact-military-families

In 2020, it was deemed a "Next Up" school by the Snapdragon Book Foundation, an award that seeks to help school libraries attain new materials.
https://snapdragonbookfoundation.org/2020/09/02/2020-next-up-school-is-waldo-pafford-elementary-school-in-hinesville-ga/

The school even has a very nice website!
https://www.waldopaffordes.org/