Wednesday, October 25, 2023

back to the curb! street patched! good day!!!


The first good thing today was this: the piles of branches and two bags of yard debris getting hauled away!

My thanks to the City of Savannah crew!

I told them I'll have more there for next week... then I spent over an hour hauling limbs from mid-yard to the curb, making four new piles.

Whew!


The second good thing today was this: the street getting patched at last!

I contacted the City of Savannah via their 311 website, last Wednesday, right?

Just a week later, they're here, they got it done, and I can easily get in and out of my driveway again, after two months of hassle.

I should have contacted them earlier!


The third good thing today was this: the weather song is hitting some high notes!

Back we go into the 80's for this weekend!

Sure, it's the low 80's... but I'll take it.

Good to be back into the 60's at night, too.

The fourth good thing today was this: an adoption date has been attained!

Christina contacted me this morning about it!!!

Monday, November 13th, is the day the judge will finally - FINALLY!!! - sign the papers that decree Miyah and Chloe are forever the daughters of my first niece.

That's good, as she is the only Mama they have ever known... and they are 6 and 5 now.

I plan to go to court with her that day, so Hinesville is in my future.

(smile!)

The fifth good thing today was this: Wednesday Night Supper!

No need to try to figure out what's for dinner in my dwindling pantry.

What a relief!

And guess what they had?

Pumpkin pie, gingerbread, and carrot cake!!!

I had all three, too, and enjoyed every mouthful.

(smile!)

The sixth good thing today was this: Tony's birthday!

He's 56 now, and when I called and sang "happy birthday" to him, he laughed!

Laura had been gone to Missouri, but she returned yesterday, so he woke today with her in his arms, making him a happy camper indeed.

He wanted shrimp for dinner, so they went to Desposito's and loved it!

Here's the kicker, though: they serve fried foods now!

It used to be just boiled or baked on the menu, but I guess they relented to folks wanting French fries and such.

I'll stick with the boiled shrimp - they always had the absolute best.

Oh, and here's good news: Tony will be here with Smitty on Saturday!

Well, until the Bulldogs game comes on at 3:30 PM.

Nothing gets between him and football!

LOL!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Who did I dine with?
Mary and Pat Prokop, Barri Marshall, Linda Combs, and Rev. Billy!
And what was the primary topic?
The Gretchen Greene Dancers from last Sunday's GOB!
I still have not watched that.
Heck, I have yet to watch the "Spamalot" from the 2nd week of GOB!
So glad those are on video access on the church's youTube channel.
(smile!)