Wednesday, October 11, 2023

farewell and hail at wns

I no sooner got in line at WNS than I hear an enthusiastic shout of "Tina!"
When I turned around, arms wrapped me in a hug!!!
It was Susan Daggett.
Goodness, I have not seen her or heard of her in over a year!
She told me where she was sitting and I headed over there with the beef stroganoff, baby carrots, and a dessert plate of blackberry cobbler, then went for salad.
That's when I saw the reason I had come tonight.
 
So, first things first: catching up with Danny Beam.
That meant handing off items I no longer wanted.
Finally!
I had been cleaning out closets - after all, October is one of the months for this loss adjustment in my life - and had come upon the two t-shirts.
I also had a sticker for Bi-Polar Bears in the car.
I have not heard word one from the running bear since he contacted me about tentative election results and I yelled at him about it.
No need for me to hold onto these fundraiser items -
but what to do with them?
Take them to Goodwill?
Throw them into the trash?
That's when I contacted Danny on fb last week.
Was he still in touch with Kevin?
If so, would he mind getting these to him?
He gladly agreed, so then it was a matter of getting them to him.
Putting them in my car assured they would be handy when I was at Asbury.
And so, tonight, after several hugs and kind words, Danny took them off my hands.
i thank You, God.

Salad in hand, I returned to the table with Susan and met two friends.
Candace sat with us, too, so that was nice!
And, I've promised Susan to come and visit in two weeks.
Maybe we'll play one of the card games she and Ron used to have for the MENSA games nights at their house?
We'll see!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I was on fb earlier and changed my profile pic to the one at Forsyth Park, that day I got into the spray fountains with Miyah.
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/07/i-think-she-likes-you-part-2.html

I just happened to be wearing that Bi-Polar Bears shirt that July day.
Perhaps I chose it in hopes that Kevin might see it and remember sharing that story with me.
Perhaps.
I know that Danny saw it as soon as I posted it and "liked" it.
I took that as a good sign for seeing him at WNS tonight.
Kevin is fortunate to have Danny as a friend.