Saturday, October 28, 2023

tony and smitty here: fascia up at last

Dood had warned me last night that he would arrive early.
"I'll be there by 9," he told me.
That meant he would be no later than 8:30 AM.
He's a lot like Daddy with timing: be earlier than you say.
So, I upped my alarms accordingly.
Tony was here around 8, but he started on the left end of the house, to let me sleep.
That meant he didn't hear my first Synthroid alarm go off.
(smile)

By the time Smitty arrived around 10, I was out in the yard, stacking up the torn down stuff that was coming off the house.
Tony made it to my bedroom area a bit after that.
I was relieved to see that the band board was clear of insect signs - just rot from a possum's claws.
That beast had been long gone, leaving just damage from it trying to get in one winter.
Tony had the piece of new and improved, never needs painting, never rot, PVC board up in no time.
With Smitty measuring and cutting, the work went smoothly and quickly.
Still, there was a lot of it.
I stayed out of their way, as they clearly had a rhythm in their work.
(smile)
Mostly, I continued working on the yards.
I cleared out more from the back, outside my bedroom.
I wanted to make sure there was a clear area for the ladder when Tony made it to that side.
Giving my back a break, I saw the lone monarch flitting in the late morning sun, hoping for lantana.
The butterfly resorted to scrounging nectar from tiny ground flowers that I hadn't realized were even there.
(smile)
 
My brothers had cleared the front and were now on the left side, in the driveway.
I had filled yet another Home Depot lawn bag, partly with vines pulled from the redbuds several weeks ago, when I was clearing the back fence.
That bag got tossed over the front fence so I could haul it to the curb.
I tossed over the lantana, too, as well as the branches Smitty and I trimmed the last two days.
That means the back yard is clear of yard debris.
Whew.
Then the work on the back fascia began and I made sure to stay out of the way.
Both of them had told me they had a Georgia Bulldogs game coming on at 3:30 and home they would be for it!
And, home they will be, too.
They finished up about an hour ago, after putting up that last piece of new trim.
After loading up their trucks with tools and ladders, off they went.
How blessed I am to have such skilled brothers...
how blessed I am to have brothers so generous with their time...
how blessed I am.
i thank You, God.
After they left, I went into the house to sit and drink water.
Photos for the insurance people can wait another day.
(smile)

No comments: