Thursday, October 12, 2023

the librarian and her boy go to the museum!

Kristin's back in The 'Vannah... and this time she brought her son!
Landon's the same age as my twin great-nieces, and since they had so enjoyed the new Children's Art Museum, I invited these two from Indiana to be my guests at the Jepson.
Good call!
He maybe didn't like the exhibits where he had to read and couldn't touch, but he had a grand time with the CAM!
For two hours he played and had a good time, giving me and her time to chat about movies and TV shows and concerts and how many TV series Tony Shalhoub has been in.
 
That was very nice!
But by this point in their travels, two hours was about all Kristin could take without caffeine.
They'd had lunch with Amanda, then walked down Broughton to get ice cream before wending their way to the museum.
She was much more lively after a hit of iced coffee!
As for Landon, he'd been preoccupied with three quarters he'd found out on the street.
While checking out the museum store, he was absolutely ecstatic - like, seriously! - when he found this leather money bank shaped like a cat.
Seriously!
He really likes cats, but cannot have one due to his mom's allergies.
That means he is very fond of all things "cat".
LOL!
Perhaps I should have let him know that I'm a "cat"...
well, according to a fb meme going around.
Hahaha haha!
(smile!)

Now, they're back to Barbara's for dinner with her.
They'll be driving back to Indiana on Saturday, so I'm glad we had this time together.
Sure, I saw more of her in January, but she had no car, so I played cabbie.
I'm glad I was able to see the boy again!
The last time I did, he was just a baby.
This trip was to show him where he lived back then, to introduce him to Savannah.
Very nice!
Now, I have a musical to go to and must be leaving!
She and the boy, plus Barbara, will be going to it tomorrow, as I made sure they knew about this rare free offering.
Je souhaite that we could all go together, but I could not rearrange my Friday plans.
So glad to have shared this afternoon with them!
(smile!)

No comments: