Saturday, October 21, 2023

goodbye, old azalea

I knew this bush had to go.

There was no way to get a ladder anywhere near that bad piece of fascia, so the azalea had to get out of the way.

I'm not sure how old the bush is, but my guess is the Ansleys had planted that one, and the one around the corner of the house, back when they'd moved into their newly-constructed abode.

That would have been in the mid-1950's.

Some of those branches are as thick as tree trunks.

I couldn't use my hedge clippers for those.

Nope.

I had to break out the saw.

Now, all that was up is down.

Not only is it down, but also the lantana beside it. 

Now, it's spread out all over this half of the front yard, from the house all the way to the curb.

It took me almost two hours to get it done. 

The tangle of sticker vines had so knotted up the branches that it was slow slogging.

The presence of the terrible vines meant I had to keep throwing stuff into the yard debris bag.

That definitely slowed me down.

Still, I did a good job with clearing that space.

Now, I'm going to hide out in the house for a while.

 Actually, I doubt I'll be going anywhere this weekend.

My face is so swollen, as the poison ivy has gotten on my eyelids and across my nose and all over my chin.

Halloween is still too far off for me to claim this is for that.

At least Comcast has given me a distraction: MGM+.

I watched "Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events" earlier and have "Namu, The Killer Whale" cued up.

My thanks for the excuse to stay in from the world.

No comments: