Friday, October 6, 2023

friday fiesta is back!


I had missed this Smiths & Kamerons gathering last week.

The time had been shifted to 6:15, as Betsy had an emergency babysitting gig, no doubt for one of the 50+ nieces and nephews she has.

Seriously, she and her husband both come from big Irish Catholic families and they have that many kids, of various ages, including a new baby just last week.

I very nearly missed it this week, not knowing if the time had changed back to 5 PM.

I'd walked in to Jalapenos and didn't spot them in the usual area... but had the good sense to call Smitty to see what was up.

Muy bien!!!

They were in the back corner, at a regular table - so that means I got to sit to eat!

And so I did, between my biggest little brother and Betsy, and across from Laura!

That worked well, as they do most of the talking, so I was perfectly positioned.

(smile!)

And just what was the talk tonight?

Diets and football games and... cartoons!!!

Betsy and Tony and I have something in common: we love Bugs Bunny!!!

She was making sure we all knew about the special Svengoolie schedule on Sunday with all the Halloween cartoons and we three were describing the ones we loved best!

Smitty was looking and me and Tony like we must have lost our minds - LOL!!!

And what did I have for dinner?

Shrimp ceviche - and it was free!

When the waiter came to take orders, Mary said mine was with hers and Smitty's - woohoo!

That made it extra special!!!

(smile!)

Maybe they just missed me last week.

That's possible, right?

As we were all hugging goodbye - something I seem to have started - Jimmy asked me how the silent movie was last week.

Very cool!

And then we talked about Harold Lloyd and Charlie Chaplin and their high jinks - and me sharing Harold's fear of heights, yet climbing the building in that movie - jolly fun!

Nice to feel like I'm part of this group!

(smile!)


Now, to settle in for some Raul Julia action and gaze into his bedroom eyes!

Comcast gifted me earlier today with "The Addams Family" of 1991, to enjoy now and whenever I want - and I will certainly do so.

Thanks, y'all!

No comments: