Tuesday, October 10, 2023

laughing and crying and munching out!

She started it, too! (smile!

"She", of course, is that first niece of mine!

I just had to grin when that photo popped up on the phone.

"My, what big teeth you have!", I texted back at her!

She responded with, "The better to chew with."

Good, we were on the same page of "Little Red Riding Hood"!

Then this next photo came.

I laughed out loud at that one!

"My, what big ears you have!" I told her.

"The better to hear with."

"We are playing with potato heads," she confirmed, knowing I would have guessed.

"I always enjoyed that toy. So many choices!"

Then I added, "I'm watching "50 First Dates". Such a great movie!"

"Love that movie. He puts in So much effort."

"Right?!"

"I want someone to put in that kind of effort."

"Me, too, dear. Me, too."

"Note: extra glitter!"

"Sprinkle that confetti, girl!"

Just for you, my Christina Ann, just like that inside joke.

That was all during breakfast and my second watching of this Drew Barrymore-Adam Sandler romance, which is the theme of this month's 1-dollar Weekend Movie Film Festival.

Last weekend featured "The Wedding Singer", from 1998, as the first in this planned trio.

I think I have probably seen that one every other year, if not more often, as I so love it!

I even had the VHS movie, but no more, thanks to Comcast Reward.

I never owned "50 First Dates", but it was on the list of movies I wanted.

That scene of her and him in her artist loft, with all those paintings "Forgetful Lucy" did of the egg-shaped head of "Henry", always makes me cry, and so it did this morning.

Then I went to Texas Roadhouse to fetch the Family Chicken Dinner, for just $29.99, and am eating half of the "house salad for 4", along with a chicken breast-dinner roll sandwich, as my slunch with another viewing of that marine science film set in Hawaii.

So very many reasons to love it, right?

But first, before the mailman comes, I have a favor for my friend, Sherry.

She's in Oklahoma tending to her father's affairs and needed a test piece of postage.

"If you get this, it means the address still works!

If not, well... I guess this butterfly will wing on back to me!"

I do hope she receives it and it brightens her day.

I'm sure it'll make her smile.

We all need more of that in our lives, don't we?

Thanks, my dear niece, for making me smile today!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Hard to believe that Kristin - the librarian-doula in Indiana - is the same age as Christina Ann!
Actually, Kristin is closest in age to Christy, as both turned 40 in January.
Hmm... and I really don't have a problem seeing the two of them as being the same age...
so, what makes Christina seem different?
That's a good question.
I'll ponder it and see what rationale I find.
(smile)