Saturday, October 7, 2023

betsy's witch and tony's vampire!!!

Aren't coincidences absolutely wonderful little miracles?
Had I not been at the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta last night, I still would have enjoyed the "Boonanza Bash" this morning, but that little extra hit of something-something, that double dose of glee at an inside joke, would have been missing.
Right place, right time!
 
Here's what I mean.
The very first short in the line-up was "Broomstick Bunny".
Might that possibly be the one with Betsy's witch, the one with the teeny tiny shoes?
It was, it was!!!
She needed a rabbit's clavicle for the potion that would ensure the genie in the mirror would always proclaim her the ugliest witch in the land.
Oh, but she didn't get it, of course.
So, when she drank the potion, she became a curvy, blonde instead, causing the creature in the mirror to pursue her!
At the end, Bugs Bunny was on the phone, contacting the authorities to report that "a genie with light brown hair was chasing a flying sorceress".
Hahahaha!!! Hahaha!!!

Two cartoons later I had Tony's vampire on the screen, playing host to the visiting bunny.
Soon enough, Bugs had found a book of spells and was bopping down the hall, singing...
"La la la, la la, abracadabra" and "La, la la, la la, hocus pocus"...
just as Tony had sung!
And that poor vampire kept changing from himself to a bat to a witch to a two-headed monster as that silly rabbit sang on and on!
What a hoot that was!!!
Hahahaha!!! Hahaha!!!

Another couple of shorts later was one I really liked with a mad scientist!
"Hyde and Hare" was a nice pun for starters, and the tale had Doc Jekyll as a kindly coot that brought carrots to the park to feed the bunnies.
Bugs went home with him, really enjoying himself playing a bit of Chopin on the piano while the Doc went to get a drink...
of a potion that transformed him into a monster... bwah ha ha!!!
Later, Bugs drinks some of that same stuff and becomes a prehistoric version of himself, scaring the old ladies in the park!
Hahahaha!!! Hahaha!!!
 
Okay, time for me to eat some breakfast!
I never buy jelly or jam... I use fruit instead for my peanut butter sandwiches.
Usually I have some blueberries around, but this time it's grapes.
They worked quite well, too!
That should give me plenty of energy for today's events.
I have a free musical this afternoon, and, with luck, some of my nephews and nieces will be there.
I invited them earlier this week.
Here's hoping!
(smile!)

No comments: