Sunday, October 8, 2023

click! slideshow birthday party!


Here's the birthday girl, flanked by her mom and her Grammy!

The most amazing thing about this?

They must have been waiting for me to get there, so I would be included!

Well worth getting lost for about thirty minutes.

Irma B. Thomas Park was where Miyah had her bday5 party last year, but I missed it.

That had been held on a very cold day about in April, after my two A-fib surgeries.

Oddly, it was cold this morning - only 50 at 9 AM - but did get to the low 70's.

Pretty sweet that both girls celebrated the same birthday here by the lake!

(smile!)


This is her Bubba, CJ, giving us singers some musical accompaniment!

He started playing saxophone this year at school, though he still plays guitars, too.

I heard him playing the national anthem as I was walking up...

and someone saying "Play ball!" afterward!

Might that have been his dad?

Or maybe it was Uncle Dillon?

(smile!)


Here's my favorite picture from today.

It was purely happenstance, too, that I caught it during the gift-opening time.

But, there they all are: the Mom, the Grammy, and the Aunt, with all four little blondes.

Alyssa (the first one to run and greet me when I arrived today) and Leila (who was the second, much as she was at birth) are on the left.

Across from the twin cousins are Chloe (arms outstretched toward the newly opened gift bag) and Miyah (with her bag of 100 pennies from me), watching raptly.

And the adults - my first niece, her mom, and her sister - are all standing and trying to orchestrate some order to the chaos.

Magnificent!

I do believe I will have to get this one framed for my wall.

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oops!
The park is named for Irene B. Thomas, not "Irma".
I'm not sure where I got the "Irma" from, but it's "Irene".
Okay, that's cleared up!