Friday, October 27, 2023

me and smitty, smitty and i

I am utterly exhausted, but it's been a successful day, with real progress made.


Here's the front of the house, all completely cleared of vines, mold, and mildew.

Smitty completed the pressure washing phase today.

I got busy and cleared the lantana and azalea bushes beside the steps.

To me, it looks scalped.

The monarchs and lizards are confused, too.


Here's the left side of the house, looking from back to front.

That looks pretty scalped, too, but not as much as the porch area.

Smitty cut off some of those overhanging oaks, so it gets more sun.

Maybe that will keep it from getting so moldy in the future.


Here's the back of the house, mold, mildew, and vines all gone.

They're all gone from around the air conditioner, too.

Plus, as mentioned yesterday, the deck is again ready for use.

Yes, even when alone this week, I've spent at least three hours in the yard.

Today, I noticed the back yard is going to need to be mowed one more time.

No need for Planet Fitness when I have all this work going on.


And, finally, here's the right side of the house, from front to back.

It'll be getting even more sun than it already gets.

From sunup to about noon, that's the bright spot.

Now that the wild cherry and the oak are gone, as well as the huge azalea, the sun comes straight into my bedroom every morning, unfiltered except by the curtain.

I had already started recalibrating my sleep time, so I could be up for my brothers.

That means slowing down when Carol Burnett comes on at 11 PM, rather than waiting for the shenigans of the Harper brothers at midnight-thirty.

That's all to the good, really.

After all, I've shown Smitty that I'm seriously committed to working with him on this.

And, together, we've shown Molly of Geico, and Travelers Insurance, that we can do it.

The first discrepancy on their list is now null and void.

On to the second discrepancy tomorrow.

But, now, a shower.

Dinner at Jalapenos for the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta.

i thank You, God.

No comments: