Sunday, May 14, 2023

gifts to loved ones at greenwich, for Mother's Day

These have been sitting on my couch for over a week.
I kept telling myself that I was going out to the cemetery, but I did not.
I'd even meant to take the gifts with me as I headed to Asbury yesterday.
I guess it's just as well that I did not, as the gates would have been closed by the time all was said and done.
Even today, I lollygagged for so long that I almost missed out...
but I made it, having an hour to leisurely make my rounds.

First, I went to the one who was the farthest out from the others, literally and figuratively.
Ronnie's fishing hole is on the bluff by the Bull River.
Next time, I'll have to put on more sensible shoes -
those pretty little sandals I'd insisted on wearing slipped and slid on the rocksas I was trying to firmly place that "permanent" flower.
I selected the one with the blue center surrounded by the red petals, figuring that would be the one he would have chosen.
And when the tree touched me on the shoulder, I knew he was there, approving.
(smile)
i thank You, God.
Next, I went in search of Jean Marie.
I had ordered this solar-powered "permanent" flower display for her birthday - 
she would have been 37 on April 21st -
but now I'm glad I had postponed its placement until Mother's Day.
She would be so proud of her children, Grayson and Brooklyn, I know she would have.
I had great difficulty finding her marker, so I've brought the dragonfly paver to the surface.
The bright flowers should help next time, too.
I wonder if they really do light up at night, to provide a bit of wonder for my niece...
I hope so.
(smile)
i thank You, God, for leading me to her.
Then it was time for me to go to the one who was my primary reason for being there on this day of all days, The one for whom I was braving the crowds when so many were visiting their mothers.
Her "permanent" flower - in the upper left corner of her marker - is a bit faded, but still standing tall.
That's good.
This time, I brought her the bright orange pinwheel...
and, as soon as it was set, it stirred to action,
whirling and spinning in delight to again have a voice!
Ah, yes...
right place, right time...
for me, for her.
(smile)
i thank You, God.

No comments: