Wednesday, May 17, 2023

VA2K and WNS and more!

Busy, busy, busy, all day and most of the evening!
First, I had a doubleheader at the AMC, taking advantage of earning double points.
What's that, you say?
It's a new promotion they have going on for Wednesdays in May.
Today, I finally had two matinees that worked out perfectly!
"Rally Road Racers" was an animated film set in China, of all places, and starring a slow loris, of all things, in a four-day driving marathon.
Odd-looking creatures with huge heads they are, but distant cousins of lemurs.
What I liked best about it was the music!
Starting off with Cake's "The Distance", then jumping into "The Ballroom Blitz" for a fight scene, with a beautifully crafted black-and-white cartoon drawn during "Take On Me" (to mimic the music video for the song years ago!!!), with a single saxophone plaintively playing "Are You Lonesome Tonight?"... they tell the story so very well!!!
Plus, the bad guy was voiced by my favorite Python, John Cleese... ooh la la!
That was at noon15, followed by a spiffy little scifi number, "Hypnotic", at 2:30 pm.
Starring Ben Affleck, it was reminiscent of "Inception" and "Tenet" and... well... of the Hugh Jackman film, "Reminiscence".
And, as much as I enjoyed these two A*List dances, I was ready to move, not sit!
 

Off to the Victory Planet, to participate in a race of my own!
The Savannah VA Center didn't have a planned event for this National VA2K Walk & Roll -
so I crafted my own!
A 35-minute stroll on the treadmill netted me 1.20 miles - nice!
I figure the 20-minute walk outside the cinema between the two movies accounted for the extra needed for the 1.24 mile total.
Good for me!!!
 
Then it was already time for the Wednesday Night Supper!
Indeed, I was a little late, but I still managed to see Pam and Walt.
(smile!)
Their table was full, so I sat with Ray and Randy, talking with them about the concert last Friday.
They certainly acted oddly about having been spotted there, but I learned that I Cantori is not affiliated with the UMC in any way.
They finished up and were gone before I was half done.
Very odd treatment from them and Cheri Hester...
but got me out of there in time to buy milk before going home.
And why was I in a hurry to return?
I had a Comcast reward set up for a 7 PM zoom!!!
That's right, Bravo Top Chef was granting me time with Nelson German... and host Jamie Miles!
Jamie actually waved at me when I came online!
(smile!)
He read my question, too: "Most men I grew up with liked cooking outside on the grill or big batch stuff, like chili or spaghetti sauce. What did men cook when you were growing up?"
Here, the chef responded: "Dominican spaghetti, at the beach, for a big party!"
Ah, yes - very nice!
For us, he was sharing Dominican Braised Chicken... and, when I asked about it being cooked in a crockpot, he said that was an excellent idea!
I just may try that sometime.
(smile!)
 
After the show was over, I bounced from Zoom to WebEx for another, this time with the folks at the USPTO.
This was the fourth talk of the six-part series on patenting and it was "The Corporate Licensing Process".
I'm not sure how much I missed, but I was right on time for the Q&A.
The questions let me know this one was akin to the others I've seen, meaning that it would have been helpful back in 2017 when I was first getting started with my patent.
Better to know late than not at all.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

The final WNS of the spring was on Wednesday, the 24th, and it was definitely the best of the three I attended!
First of all, I was with Pam and Walt, and that always means a good time!
Carol Klein was there, too, and I do enjoy her company!
Plus, there was Barbara and Danny Beam!
He was being a putz, but she was wonderful, as always!

Second, it was one of the best meals: baked ham with baked apple slices!
Plus coleslaw, and a bit of mac-n-cheese... and angelfood cake for dessert!

Definitely a winner to go out on until the fall round!