Saturday, May 20, 2023

pizza and 4 little blondes!

There I was , working on the yard...
again.
One of the perks of owning a home is having land to watch bloom and grow.
One of the responsibilities of owning a home is keeping that piece of nature from running wild.
(smile)
That's why when my first niece texted to say they were coming in from Tybee and wondered if I had dinner plans, I had a brief pang of having missed beach time...
and an instant thrill of impending company!
Woohoo!
She was down there with her three and Michael had his twins, and they were all hungry and several hours in the sun and the surf.
Where to go to fill those tummies but Cici's!
Hooray!
More pizza for me!
So I got cleaned up and bopped on over there, not wanting to be the last one.
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
She had not even left Tybee yet!
No worries!
Dinner time was nearing for most folks, so I went in, ordered my cheeseless pizza, and cased the joint.
Then I snagged two tables on the quieter side of the venue.
By the time my peeps arrived, so had my special order!
Better yet, they had just beat the dinner rush!
Our two tables were out of the main flow, so we really did have our own little party going on, with the kids flowing from one table to another with ease.
Michael sat with me and Miyah.
Yes, of course I had saved a seat by me for her!
She's my littlest girl... though maybe not for much longer.
She's finally starting to look like the first-grader she will be this fall.
Good!
Alyssa came over to sit with her Dad after a while, trying to cajole some money for the game room... but he's on to that game!
One dollar was all she got!
LOL!

You'll notice there's a change in light level from those three photos to that one at the top.
That's because we were there for over two hours!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
Others came, dined, and left, but not us - that's because it truly was a party, as it is any time we get together.
When I had saved the tables, I told interlopers that we were celebrating my birthday... and so I was!
No gifts, no cards, no balloons and decorations, no candles -
those are all external manifestations.
It was a party for my heart!
After all, this is its bday65, too.
i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh!
I didn't point out who was who in that top photo!
C J is pretty easy to distinguish, as he's the only boy.
He's also the only kid that went home with Christina, so that meant shifting things from one car to another so Michael could take her car, as the four little blondes were spending the night together.
Yes, it was already after 9 PM, which meant it would be after 10 before they reached Guyton and got ready for bed.
The point was to all wake up together the next morning.
LOL!
So, to the left of the photo (or to the right of C J) is Leila trying to carry Miyah, who had skinned her knee.
To his left (or the photo's right) are Alyssa and Chloe.
They have all grown so much!
The twins will be in third grade -
THIRD GRADE -
in the fall.
Wow.