Saturday, May 13, 2023

she can't drive... 55!!!

That would be mi amiga Sandy!

She has hit that age synonymous with rural road speed limits!

Vrrroooommm!

Surprisingly, she chose a restaurant with that digit - but singly, not doubled - as the locale for her birthday party.

Nice, right?

The 5 Spot, a place I haven't been to since March of 2020.

How can I be so sure?

I was with my dear Rogue Guy, that's how!

Perhaps thoughts of him influenced my dinner choice tonight: the 5 Buddha Bowl.

Yes, he's Quaker, not Buddhist, but both are peace-loving groups -

unless you buy into Otto's pretzel logic in "A Fish Called Wanda".

(smile!)

Sandy had the same as her friend, Kelly: a cheeseburger from Paradise!

No, that wasn't the name of the dish, that's me being silly.

(smile!)

They'll both be off to see Duran Duran in concert next month!!!

They're both crazy fan level in love with the lead singer!

We - Barbara, Carolyn, Kal, and myself - were all thrilled for Sandy!

At the start, I had thought we might go to a movie after, but three hours later - yes, we did chat on quite a bit! - it was after 9 PM and we all gave our parting hugs.

I was actually relieved.

Today was a long and emotional day...

another viewing of "Ladyhawke" should set me right as rain...

yes, right as the rain earlier today.

(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

So, just what was in that no-lettuce salad?

Roasted Brussels sprouts!
Avocado!
Edamame!
Radishes!
Carrots!
Chickpeas!
And a scattering of seeds, too!

Quite nice...
and I took part home with me, having it as a lunch out at Greenwich Cemetery as I visited Mama...
eating on even through a light rain.
Perfect.
(smile!)