Friday, May 26, 2023

thanks for the birthday treats, amc and publix!


I hadn't intended to go back southside for a movie...
but I saw last night that I had overlooked my birthday gifts from AMC!
So, back out there I went, intending to see one movie, but getting another in its stead...
and being quite happy with the switch!
(Especially as it netted me a pass for any future movie, for me or someone else!)
Plus, I picked up the large popcorn and large soda that were waiting for me, so now I have those leftovers for watching movies at home.
Good deal, especially as it would have cost almost $17 for that combo!
 
Afterward, I popped into the southside Publix just down the street.
They had free ice cream waiting for me... dairy free, too!
Peanut butter chocolate chip - that should be very nice!
 

Now, I'm getting ready for an evening out with mi amigas!
Here's the problem, though: the weather has taken a turn for the worse.
Just look at that dip!
Good thing I have not yet bagged up the heavy blanket!
Good thing the heated mattress pad is still on the bed, too.
To think, I have been chastising myself for not having washed those and put them away.
I guess the universe was looking out for me.
At least Sunday will be back toward more normal temperatures, but Saturday...
brrrr...
Saturday is going to be harsh.
We'll be having a taste of that tonight, so it's back to wearing long pants, back to donning socks and real shoes, and back to wrapping up in my new coat.
Have I mentioned how blessed I am to live at this latitude of 32 N instead of another 10 degrees farther toward Canada?
Yeah, I think Sandy has picked the wrong time for a trip to Nova Scotia!
Brrrr...
that's not good for my warm heart.
Looking forward to more heat for my birthday.
i thank You, God.

No comments: