Wednesday, May 10, 2023

wns with an opera singer, again!

Here it is, but this time around it was chicken Tetrazzini, which I liked better than the turkey style.
I also liked that the carrots still had some crisp left!
The Italian green beans were a  nice change, too.
And dessert offered a wide range of cakes, but this one was calling my name: lemon pound cake!
And who were my dinner companions?
Pat and Mary Prokop, the couple who share their garden every May with our congregation -
though I did visit with Pam and Walt, too!
The goodies I left by the curb are still waiting for a ride.
I had hoped the yard debris would be collected today...
but that's just fine with me!
As I told the physicist yesterday, those two piles of carefully stacked limbs and branches, and the two bags, represent more than six hours of my time.
Truly!!!
You would think it would amount to more of a showing, right?
The bfe was quite surprised that I'd spent so much time on it, but, at the same time, he was glad to see me able to do so.

I had thought to get started on the next stacks by the curb, but you know what?
The WSAV Weather Song assures me that there will be plenty of pretty days to spend on stuff outside.
That's good!
Now, I've got a phone call from Gloria to return, in response to the condolence card about Willie that I sent.
Plus, Melaness just texted!
I bet it's because my birthday's coming!
(smile!)

No comments: