Thursday, May 11, 2023

texting, interrupted

This part of the textversation with the Melaness is all from last night...
***
melaness: Hey Tina! How u holding up in the world??

me: Pretty well! How about you, Mel?

melaness: Good! Got a bone graft for an implant in my front tooth last thurs. Technology these days!
melaness: U may not have known but both my front 2 teeth were crowns. 1 was a root canal tooth from when i was a kid.

me: I had no idea.
 
melaness: Haha! Yup. Both crowned since I was a kid.

me: I should probably get a dentist appt. Been a few years.

melaness: Well if u have crowns u might want to.
melaness: Are u on Medicare?

me: The only one I had was in the back, had been replaced about ten years ago. Then it fell out but i saved it and had the same dentist put it back in. Stayed about two months. I left it out and that was 3 years ago.
 
melaness: Oh man. That's kinda what happened to 1 of my friends in watercolor class. Hers was a front tooth tho. She got an implant.
 
me: Just got on medicare. Turning 65 at the end of this month.
me: Chose united healthcare advantage patriot. Really like it.

melaness: I was wondering about medicare. My parents kept their federal insurance after my dad retired. I can't see why. I'm glad u are medically taken care of as for all of those reaching 65 as well.
melaness: Is it hot down there yet? Lol. I heard on the radio it will get 80 here then drop back down. Yeah!

me: The weather has been spastic, dipping into fifties at night. This week will be pretty straightforward. Seventies for the day, sixties for night.
me: What about yours?

melaness: 40-50 at night. 70's during the day. It's like we missed the spring but all the flowers bloomed. Lol

me: Yeah, and now that pollen is getting blown down here! I tell you, i take zyrtec year-round.

melaness: Lolololol

me: :-)
me: Watching 'desperately seeking Susan'. Forgot how funny this is!

melaness: Omg lol. It's been a long time since i watched that!!

me: Me, too!

***
... and this arrived early this morning.
Nice to know she's still the same!
(smile!)
***
 
melaness: Oh, haha, i fell asleep with a crochet project in hand for a friend who is also a breast cancer survivor! 
melaness: I thought about u when i was looking at a quilting project. Nice chat & glad you are doing wonderfully! 
melaness: If i don't speak to u before then, u have an awesome 65th Bday!!!

No comments: