Tuesday, May 30, 2023

hooligans and houlihan's!

"And what's that all about?"

I watched the first ones in a movie and I dined at the second one with my first niece!

"Oh, my!!! You've seen her again already?"

Sho' nuff! She's out of school and the kids are still in, so she and I got to play grownups for the third time this month!

"I thought she had the children in tow that first time... "

Sure, you're right... but it was just me and her last week!

"And now it's just las dos chicas una vez mas!"

That's right! She's practicing her Spanish, too, as she will soon be in Cozumel. Carnival cruise with the family... and all in one room, too. But she's looking forward to it!

"I'm sure she is. And what brought y'all out to the junction of 204 and 95?

My free birthday meal at Houlihan's! Well, up to fifteen bucks off whatever I chose, as long as someone else ordered an entree. No worries with that! She loves their 3-course meal! so she 'bought' me lunch, essentially and it didn't cost her anything.

"What a great deal!"

Yeah, I try to take advantage of those loyalty programs as much as possible.

"What pretty flowers!"

Aren't they? Christina brought that permanent bouquet for me! She even made sure it had bird of paradise in it. Plus those blue flowers are the same shade almost as the blue coral that was part of my wedding bouquet. And see that coffee mug? That's Miyah's art on it! Christina liked it so much she had it printed on stickers!

"How nice of her to think of that!"

I agree.

"And the pillow?"

She saw it and the words just spoke to her of the love and friendship we share. I completely agree! I'm so glad this luncheon gave her the chance to bring these gifts she has been keeping for so long!

"She is most definitely a keeper!"

That's for sure. She's my sunshine and my heart!

"How very fortunate that y'all have been able to see more of each other, now that the weather is warm and her schedule has freed up."

Yes, with no classes to teach and no T-ball to coach, she is getting a breather.

"Hey, is that Elvis with a bad haircut?"

Yep, it sure is! He's a hooligan with a fast temper and fast hands in "Jailhouse Rock", and his cellmate, a former country singer and bank robber, is teaching him to play the guitar to pass the time. Good movie! I'm glad MGM+ had it. And you know what song he sings in it? "Young And Beautiful", the one Willie would sing to me at Sand Gnats games.

"That's wonderful! What a good day!"

Amen to that!

No comments: