Wednesday, July 12, 2023

3 clothing changes in 1 day!

Really, that's quite unusual for me.

The first was from nightgown to my 'lemon tree' shirt and green shorts.

Usually, that would be the only change, but not today.

Dawn and I were finally meeting for lunch!!!

It was our first time since March 21st, but at the same place we usually go: The King & I.

Good thing we both like Thai food!

After talking of her upcoming trip to Charlotte for a niece's baby shower, and mine to Augusta for a wedding tea, we'd passed almost two hours in each other's company, and both had leftovers.

What a nice way to remember our time together!

After a lull in the action, it was almost time for Tony and Laura to come and fetch me.

We'd changed our rendezvous for Compassion Christian East's "At The Movies" series (similar to the God on Broadway that Asbury does, or so I thought) from Sunday morning to Wednesday night.

Ah, yes, much better time for me to go!

But, surely not in shorts... so I wore my 'blue geo' bday dress!

Whew! Got changed about 30 seconds before they came!

We went early to have Donato's pizza for dinner... and I came home with enough for two more meals.

What a treat... and not the only one!

Popcorn, drinks, and candy were free for the movie!

This first production was "Top Gun: Maverick" and the snippets screened from it, and from "Top Gun", laid out the story of Maverick and Goose, then Maverick and Rooster, Goose's son.

Those scenes of friendship, love, grief, and forgiveness illustrated the sermon's message very well.

We don't know what's been selected for next week, but I'll be there with my brother and sis-in-law!

And when they dropped me off, it was just a little after 8 PM, with plenty of daylight left...

so, I changed out of the dress and put on my yard clothes (sleeveless tank top and pull-on shorts)!

When I'd opened the bedroom window, I saw the back yard was already workin' on it.

Time to nip that silliness in the bud - pun intended!

Only after I got started did I recall the rain from my lunch out with Dawn... but I pushed that Ryobi onward!

Cutting diagonals, I got through more than half of it before the battery was done, and the daylight, too.

Time to check out some free movies on TV!

No comments: