Saturday, July 1, 2023

everybody was kung fu fighting!

Not really... but we were watching martial arts going on!
I had sent messages through the ether to Christina, Michael, Zach, and Hope for two days, trying to line up a meeting between those cousins and their children.
Well, and with me, too, of course.
(smile!)
Good fortune smiled upon me and I got three of the four!!!
And what was to be the event?
That movie from 2008 was older than any of the kids, for sure, but the rest of us knew it and loved it, and I was sure Kobe would.
He's taking one of the martial arts, so I thought this was the perfect choice for more interaction with him... and it was, too!
 

That's Zach and Kobe, waving at me from the third row!
The middle row had my first niece, Michael, and Alyssa, the slightly older twin!
The floor level held Miyah, Leila, and Chloe!
How did I manage to catch that shot?
I had leapt from my seat on the middle row to the front of the stadium as the credits began, asking everyone to stay put... and they did!
The lights were just barely up, but my little phone did catch them!
What a good time we all had!
I treated all to tickets, except for Christina, as she had already gotten hers online.
I think I'll keep doing that, too.
As I told Zach, I just wanted these cousins' children to have a chance to meet.
(smile!
Who knows, maybe we can arrange a big family Christmas this year?
It's been years since we had an inter-family celebration.
Christina is working on a family cruise for next summer, given the success of their Cozumel trip, and I've already told her to count me in!
We're maybe going to The Turks!!!
That would be so awesome!
(smile!)
Now, to send out messages to these folks about the coming weeks' movies.
I am so looking forward to more time with all of them!
And perhaps some of the older kids might want in on it, too?
I'll put out feelers to see.
Caitlyn, Dylan, and Carissa are all teenagers, so they may be too cool for this.
Then again, perhaps they would welcome the opportunity?
I'll check!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I managed to mow another third of the back yard before the battery died again.
Just one more day and it should be done.
I spent several hours at McDonald's after the movie, with Christina and Michael and their four little blondes.
Glad I was there!
They were talking about the cookout to come the next day and I was invited!
Hooray!!!