Friday, July 21, 2023

paternal cousins of augusta: luncheon

Here's Bev's younger daughter, Terrie, with her hubby, Mike.
Today was their 11th anniversary!
That celebration was part of the reason for the luncheon.
You'd think they would be the ones treated...
but they surprised us all.
They had paid the tab before we even saw it.
Thanks, y'all!
(smile!)
These two are another reason for the luncheon.
That's the son I'd never met, as he lives in Korea.
I thought he might be military, but, no.
Leeman had answered the call to teach English there after he'd finished school, and loved it so much he's been there ever since.
That's been at least ten years.
Suhyeon is an absolute peach and I loved meeting her!
They were wed last month, in Korea, and the entire Prouty clan was in attendance to share that great happiness!
(smile!)
Here's my cousin Bev, and her high school sweetheart, Alan.
They're still all lovey-dovey... and they're both retired now.
How wonderful to see that!
They've been together for half a century.
So, right there at Rhinehart's Oyster Bar, we had three stages of marriage: old-timers, newlyweds, and in the midst.
I wish I had thought to point that out, as I'm sure they would have all liked that perspective.
(smile!)
And then there's Jenny and me.
She and Tyson have been wed a bit longer than Terrie and Mike, however, they have two children.
So, she represents married with children... and that's different.
As for me, the case can be made that I represent post-marriage life, after two divorces.
That's a pretty awesome takeaway from a seafood lunch!
Now, I have a real, genuine, baseball game ahead of me.
What a lovely little vacation this is!
(smile!)

No comments: