Wednesday, July 19, 2023

cherry, cherry, plum?

As dessert this morning, I had some fruit, as I have done for the last two weeks.

My very favorite fruit is in season... and on sale!

While I was eating, I decided to grab one of its cousins, too.

I guess that's because I have an upcoming visit to cousins!

(smile!)

Along with breakfast, I was indulging in a fourth viewing of "Monsters, Inc." during this extended weekend rental.

Up popped one of my favorite scenes - the toddler girl scaring the monsters in a restaurant by saying "BOO!"!!!

I do so love that!

Plus, it always reminds me of a kickstarter project that honored a man famous for his monsters, Ray Harryhausen.

So glad this film honored him, too, as an inside joke!

Then there was this scene, near the end, that made me cry.

Sully is a foreman now at the energy factory, garnering electricity from laughter instead of screams.

On his clipboard is a drawing of him and the little girl, as well as a fragment of her shredded door, mementos of their day together.

I have a drawing like that, on my fridge, of me and two little blondes sharing time and chalk.

Is it the memory of them from two years ago what made me cry?

No, but it's important to understand that those were happy tears, as I knew the scenes that followed by heart.

Mike knew his friend was hurting and he knew what would bring his smile back... so he did what needed to be done.

Very nice!

Now, back to the fruit question!

Two were bonafide cherries, one was not, and biting into them revealed their hearts.

That upper one is called a very cherry plum, a new hybrid, making it a cousin, of sorts.

It may be slightly sweeter than a cherry, but the taste is most def that of a plum... which is good, too!

And now to decide what to do with the rest of  my day.

Shall I pull out the Ryobi and destroy the art I created yesterday in my front yard?

I rather like it.

It clearly lets folks know that I've mowed the grass, but also tells them I have originality.

What are my other options today?

Well, I could finally wash the winter bedding...
or at least wash the dishes, as it's been five coffee mugs ago since the last time...
or I could contact Boo, newly back in town, and see if she wants to go for a luncheon.

Yes, that last option sounds like a winner!

(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

I chose the last two items...
as well as a mammogram that I was20 minutes late for!
Oops!!!
i thank You, God, that they took me anyway.
Many thanks to the Telfair Pavilion staff!

faustina said...

Thursday morning, as I was finishing breakfast, a knock came at the door.
I opened the front window to talk to the man on the porch.
He asked, "Do you want me to finish cutting your yard for you? I live a few houses down and have my own landscaping business."
"No, thanks," I told him, smile on my face. "I cut it myself and I like it that way."
"Well, it looks pretty rough," he persisted. "I could straighten it up and edge the yard, too."
"It doesn't need that. I left it that way on purpose! I like the design!"
Again he said, "It looks really rough."

He left his business card: Price's Lawn Care.
Yeah, I won't be needing that.
Why would I hire someone who didn't listen to me?