Monday, July 24, 2023

dinner with train conductors!

I kid you not!
This was my second outing with Coastal Atheists & Secular Humanists, aka CASH.
Like the first, it was in my neck of the woods, so of course I went!
Besides, it's been a while since I was at Kayak Kafe Midtown.
So, why meet there?
It met the three requirements for this meetup.
First, outdoor seating must be available.
I don't know if that one came about because of the pandemic, but it works for me!
Second, vegetarian options must be available.
That's a long-standing rule, but I like that for summer fare, too.
Third, alcoholic beverages must be available.
Again, this is a long-time favorite with them, so why not?
Just, none for me, thanks.
(smile!)

So, who was there this time?
We had eight gathered around together!
I'll start with Barbara, mi amiga, then work counter-clockwise for CASH.
She's beside Celeste, our noble leader (that's an inside joke, y'all!).
The man in the red shirt and the woman in the black one are Tim and Joyce Wheeler.
Rounding the corner that's Jenny Thomas, crouched down and being funny, behind Ben, one of the two train conductors.
Then there's me, leaning back to get into the shot.
And where's the eighth member of our bunch?
Look at the reflection of the photographer, Jason Thomas, between the Wheelers.
Nice, right, that our second train conductor worked himself into the photo?
Just marvelous, I say!
I rather like this group and so does Boo.
Just marvelous!
And did the viewing of the train movie make it into the conversation?
Of course it did!
Plus talk of cats and dogs and religions and God! 
Now, then, maybe I can convince Cedric, or Bonnie and Don, to come next week...
(smile!)

No comments: