Sunday, July 23, 2023

blue door, blue shutters

Gratitude: there's nothing like pulling up to my own little house at the end of a vacation.
Yes, I had a lot of fun with my father's family.
Yes, I had a lot of fun with the Eagle Scout.
Now, it was time for home.
I was out the door of the sweet little place I'd stayed before 7 AM.
Yes, that would be 7 AM, in the morning.
I wanted to beat not only the heat of the summer day, but also the afternoon storms.
I did, too.
And, for the most part, I owned the road.
Sheer driving pleasure, much like that I'd enjoyed on those trips to north Georgia to visit my brother.
(smile!)
Now, all has been set right after travel.
All of the photographs of my paternal cousins have been offloaded and placed into folders.
All of the items taken with me on this extended weekend are out of the car and back where they should be.
All of the mail - that was to have been held until my return, but wasn't - has been opened and sorted.
Contact has been made with folks here, letting them know I am home safely, letting them know it was a wonderful time, letting them know I love them, too.
I took myself to Chili's for slunch, treating myself to a long-time favorite: creamy cajun shrimp pasta!
I had even remembered to bring some lactaid.
(smile!)
Now, I'm home, with extra chips and salsa, as well as a good part of that rich pasta for later.
Time to chill out with "The Muppet Movie".
Life is good...
really good.
i thank You, God.
(smile!)

No comments: