Saturday, July 8, 2023

summer kids, here and there!


Today, the Summer Movie Camp gave us "Trolls World Tour".

You know what?

I had never seen it!!!

It came out during that first year of the pandemic, and may have only streamed.

Michael and the twins had seen it "at least thirty times"!

Zach, like me, had never seen it.

How wonderful to get to watch it with him nearby!

Alyssa sat by me at first, then joined Leila and their dad way up high.

My favorite part of the movie?

The strings for the different genres of music got broken... and all the color left the world.

Everything was shades of gray because they all thought the music had died.

Then one of them noticed the sound of their heartbeat... and another started mouth sounds... and someone else tapped their foot... and one clapped her hands... and suddenly everything was in color again!

The music couldn't die, as it was within every one of them!!!

Just fabulous message!!!

They went back to their busy lives and went home for more kid movies!


Peacock Premium, my latest Comcast reward, had "Puss In Boots: The Last Wish" - so I started it up, as I'd missed it several weeks ago for its SMC run at AMC.

I especially wanted to see Goldie and the three Bears, as I really liked their roles!

But, here's the thing: I'd recently gained more experience and knowledge by watching other movies, especially one from another country.

So, this scene, in which the fearless hero is confronted by images of the cats he had been in his eight past lives really grabbed me... and made me laugh, too.

Because he had time to burn, he had burned his candle from both ends, and now was left with a stub and no idea how to live with it.

Pretty serious stuff for a kids' movie!

Then, I started up my $1 Weekend Movie Night Reward, selecting to rent a movie about the princess who sings of Slaughter Race.

That would be Vannelope in "Ralph Breaks The Internet"!!!!


And you know what I noticed?

She bumps into Stan Lee - of the Marvel Universe - as she is running from the Storm Troopers - of "Star Wars" fame - in the World of Disney after she is found promoting click bait to funny videos of Ralph on a fictitious BuzzTube.

Hold on, I haven't gotten to the point yet. (smile!)

A thought popped into my head.

Did Disney own Lucasfilm and Marvel in 2018, when this film came out???

Or does Marvel own the other two, or is it Lucas that owns the other two in this scene?

Mind, I'm not interested enough yet to research the questions.

But I have to wonder at that wink Stan Lee is making at the camera.

Some kind of inside joke?

I know the topic of click bait was certainly intended as a joke!

Ten minutes into the credits, a promo for "Frozen 2" appears, inviting us to "click here".


Boom goes the dynamite!

Up pops a video of the barefoot hobo with the broken overalls!

And what is he doing?

Singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" with all the panache he can muster!!!

Hahahaha!!! Hahaha!

Just another reason to love this movie!

(smile!)

Now, it's time for "The Vicar Of Dibley", with Alice and Hugo's wedding, complete with TeleTubbies and bright-light bridal headdress!

(smile!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Nice to be able to use that phrase without landing in a puddle of tears.

That would be "BOOM goes the dynamite!", one of Sam Johnson's favorites.

I guess, due to his big size, I identify Ralph with Sam.

That makes me like the movie even more.

I'm glad this one is a rare three-day rental for me to enjoy.
(smile!)