Thursday, July 20, 2023

paternal cousins of augusta: one the road again

The best-laid plans of mice and men - yeah, they're all subject to change, and quite frequently do.

Take the long-anticipated viewing of the Monty Python flick at the Jepson.

I've been planning to attend that for weeks, right?

And, honestly, up until about 3 PM today, I was still going to it tonight.

Rain in the forecast, and the thought of driving in the dark, put the kibosh on that.

Plus, I didn't want to get there so very late.

Seeing the old movie would have put me getting in around midnight.

That would be too much of an inconvenience to my cousin's daughter, who was graciously giving me "the family rate" to stay here, in one of her rentals.

Located at 1857 Starnes Street, the little three-bedroom house is one she preferentially has for traveling nurses, as she was once a nurse, too.

The photo is old: it actually sports a lovely blue door and blue shutters, like my house.


And the interior?

It's a cozy little place with interesting angles, most especially in the octagonal-skewed hall, with its entrances to the living room, the two bedrooms, and the bath.

Such a fine use of space!

But what really makes it nice is the 70's vibe of the furniture and colors.

I don't think any of the art was done by her, but it could be... I'll have to ask.

Meanwhile, I'm going to settle in and watch "Click", one of Adam Sandler's better movies.

I came through an hour-long traffic jam in Springfield, then a fierce thurnderstorm past Waynesboro, so sittin' and chillin' is all I want now.

Thanks, Terrie, for meeting me with such a warm welcome!

Here's to a mini-vacation, off to a wonderful start!

i thank You, God.

No comments: