Tuesday, July 18, 2023

vacation in Augusta!

When my paternal cousin Beverly invited me on April 3rd to the wedding reception for her son, my initial plan had been to bounce up and then back.
As time went on, I thought I might want a longer visit in Augusta.
I knew Bev wouldn't have room at her house for anyone else, so I contacted my maternal cousin, Sharon, to see about a visit with her, too.
I never did get word back on that.
Okay.
Time marched on, as it does, and soon enough it was July.
Decision time!
Hadn't the Eagle Scout mentioned that he would be in Augusta this month for a series of baseball games?
After all, the Augusta Greenjackets are now an affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, the team that he travels the country to watch play all the different teams, at all the different levels, in all the different stadiums. 
Sure enough, he would be there from the 18th to the 21st!
Well, alrighty then!
Real baseball was in my future if I traveled up before Saturday.
That choice was easy to make!
That meant I needed a place to stay.
Bev recommended the Partridge Inn, a very nice place that was out of my budget.
When I countered with the downtown Econo Lodge, that's when Alan called.
Did I know their daughter had several Air BNB rentals?
Nope!
So, now I've talked to Terrie and she has a rental in the Harrisburg area of Augusta, just a few blocks from her house and her parents' house.
Superb!
It's a two-bedroom house and she'd give me the family discount.
Wow!!!
So, I've taken it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.
 

Maybe I can get someone to split part of it with me?
Even if that doesn't happen, it'll still be far less than two nights at the Partridge.
And get this: it's a brick one-story, with a teal door and teal shutters, just like mine.
A change of place to wake up, but with the feel of home?
Yes, please!
i thank You, God!

No comments: