Thursday, July 25, 2024

a triple once again!

I knew I was in for a treat already, but my odometer verified that a special adventure awaited me at the cinema.
Just look at that mileage: 235757.
2_3_5_7_5_7.
23 57 57.
If there was a lottery game with such numbers, I'd be tempted to play it!
Not that I had time for that.
"Deadpool & Wolverine" had finally - FINALLY!!!! - arrived and I was at AMC to see the first showing of the film on its BigD screen!!!
As I told Breeanna, that was the only way to experience it for the first time - big and loud and in your face!!!
Seriously!
Ryan Reynolds reprising his slick and sexy Marvel of a man, combined with Hugh Jackman bringing my longtime favorite long-nailed creation of Stan Lee back from the dead.
(That would be Logan re-enlivened, not the Talented New York artist.
However, it was fantabulous to see Stan's image painted large on the side of a bus!!!
It just isn't really a Marvel Universe without him popping in to check on things, right?

And how was the movie?
Let me put it this way: as soon as it was over, I wanted to go right back in and see it again.
The line waiting to get in dissuaded me of that.
Well, and the fact that I had saved the last dance of my A*List for those two fellows, so it would have cost me dearly to climb into their arms again.
That will have to wait a new day, when the dance card is empty and longing to be filled.
(smile!)
And just what other movies did I twirl about with?
Monday was spent doing a Chubby Checkers number with "Twisters"...
nice pun, n'est-ce pas?
Hahahaha!
Very good movie, too, different in all the right ways from the Helen-Hunt/Bill Paxton film from 1996 - seriously, it's been almost three decades - but with a similar flavor to make the mouth happy from its vibes of the earlier feast.
Speaking of 30-year-old films, "The Lion King" is the one I watched for Tina Tuesday while I waited for the day to cool off.
I'd hoped to catch it on vacation with the two little blondes, but all of that Tuesday was spoken for, incredibly, with the former "Sweet Caroline girls".
If we had gone for that 30th anniversary screening, the children would have been more acquainted with what lemurs were... and Lauri would have loved that!
(smile!)

No comments: