Tuesday, July 9, 2024

2 little blondes, plus half a twin

"How do you get half a twin? What's that all about?"

Alyssa was there with Miyah and Chloe when I met With my first niece at the GTC Liberty cinema there in Hinesville. Christina and I both got Comcast rewards of BOGO tickets to see "Despicable Me 4", so we were using them before they expired on Sunday.

"Two BOGOs means only four tickets, right?"

Correct, but Tina Tuesday is cheap movie day, and here the price was just $6.

"Ummm... that doesn't sound like y'all got much of a deal getting tickets through Fandango."

That's true. When you add in the internet-convenience fee of $2.19 per ticket, I saved a whopping four bucks, almost, on the two tickets. That's okay, it was still four dollars that stayed in my pocket. Well, until I bought a small Sprite to got with my free popcorn.

"You got free popcorn???"

It was my annual Birthday reward from GCT! I figured it had expired, but the clerk told me that reward is good for up to a year. Excellent to know!

"Most def! But you haven't addressed the twin issue yet. See, I'm paying attention!"

Yes, you are. Okay, here's the gist of it: Leila decided to cut the head off one of her dolls and managed to cut herself instead. So, her Papa had to go to the hospital with her. Christina had been there with the girl initially, but when Michael relieved her, she took Alyssa with her for our movie outing.

"I see."


Yeah, just let it lie there, eh? The five of us had fun laughing at the movie, then doing our little dance afterward, and then bouncing over to Sumo for dinner. There was talk that Michael and the other half a twin might join us, but they never made it.

"Sumo? That's new to me! Looks fancy!"

You speaking of the artwork? Yeah, that was a surprise to me. I wouldn't have even seen it if I hadn't gone to the bathroom. The place is a tiny, strip-mall take-out joint with a few tables for those, like us, who insist on dining in. Christina and her girls go there quite a bit. I had the Hibachi Vegetables - broccoli, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms - and ate every bit of it! And get this: they even have chopsticks! So, of course I used them.

"Of course you did. Then what? Did you go to see Michael's new home?"


I did not. As I told him, I knew I'd be driving in the rain on the way home, and that takes a lot of concentration for me these days. I couldn't be driving and dealing with both rain and the dark, and it was already 7:30.

"And how'd it go for you?" 

Oh, he completely understood and wished me safe travels. That's because he knew I'd be back down there on Saturday.

"No, I meant how did the ride home go?"


Well, I did get rained on. It was already sporadically raining in Hinesville while we were in the movie, then started again while we were at Sumo. I ran into rain on the outskirts of town and then had the most curious experience. Because 196 has a lot of curves in it, I kept driving in and out of rain showers as I traveled that route, and had what I thought was a single rainbow accompanying me all the way to Richmond Hill. But it wasn't just one... it was a double rainbow!!! Right place, right time! I even made it to Savannah as dusk was settling in, but before nightfall. Perfect.

"Perfect. And right in time for that show you like."

Indeed! (smile!)

No comments: