Tuesday, July 30, 2024

workout on the little trees

"There are no accidents."
To me, that means to try to look for that silver lining when life gets overwhelming.
"There are no accidents."
Even though I told Carolyn that I would check Kal's house for Barbara's car this morning, I puttered around at home until almost noon.
"There are no accidents."

That meant I was still home when the City of Savannah, in the form of Lynn Nash, came tapping on my door with a yard complaint in her hand.
"There are no accidents."

The problem was not with my grass height, but with the overgrowth hanging off the curb in front of my house, as well as the "unkempt vegetation", i.e., little trees growing between my neighbor's house and mine.
"There are no accidents."

That gave me a different focal point from words spoken last night to Carolyn.
That enabled me to calmly leave my house and head for 13 Rigger Court in Betz Creek, not focusing on the nightmare that might await.
I've been in shock since that Saturday morning.
That shock has finally begun to loosen its hold on me.
"There are no accidents."

The paperwork that Lynn Nash gave me has stayed in view on the marble coffee table in the living room, reminding me of work to do, reminding me of a source upon which to vent my frustration and loss.
I started on that pruning this evening, after the temperature had cooled enough.
That area in the first photo has been appreciably altered now.
Three piles await the City of Savannah.
Their turn now.
"There are no accidents."
Right place, right time...
i thank You, God.

No comments: