Monday, July 8, 2024

brothers, stew, and favorites of 2023


'Bout time for an experiment, wouldn't you say?

So, for my luncheon at home, I've piled equal portions of Brunswick Stew, with sweet corn, fresh from the can, in between.

The meat dish was prepared by my brothers, with Tony's version on the left and Smitty's on the right, as they both have recently graced with their stews.

Here's the thing: both used Smitty's recipe, but Tony used a different type of Johnny Harris barbeque sauce than Smitty usually does.

The question remained: could my taste buds detect the variation?

They could, slight though it was.

My littlest little brother's was definitely a little - just a bit - spicier than the concoction of my biggest little brother's. 


And just why was I carrying on such an experiment?

It was a rainy day and I didn't feel like going out and getting wet.

I'll have plenty of future days to play in the rain, just not today. 

(smile!)

What else could I do to pass the time?

How about one last look at my favorite outings from last year?

They are still up on the dining room wall, saved from the recycling bag for now.

Soon, these will have to make room for mementos from future outings this year, so why not take a gander at what made these so special?

I do find it interesting that they deal with a phantom, a mummy, knights, a wizard, a magician, Elvis, a cave of bones, a disco, and marine life, plus Veterans Day.

What a curious assortment!

But here's the secret: I was actively involved with each of them!

Yes, I see them staying up as long as possible before they yield their spots on the wall.

(smile!)

No comments: