Saturday, July 27, 2024

thanks, Dane, for the musical about a peach

He knew it was something I'd looked forward to this summer, so, when I'd shown up unexpectedly on his porch, he didn't encourage me to stay with him.
Instead, when I had opened the door after almost an hour, he came out briefly, then went back in to stay on the couch.
"Go," he was saying to me.
After all, he had already gotten me the money for the show.
So I went.
Dane's a good dog.
He was right, of course.
I needed to stay in my groove, stay the course, take care of my mental state after such a shock.
"Roald Dahl's James And The Giant Peach, Jr." had been on my radar ever since I saw that the Tybee Post Theatre has the 1996 film version of the 1961 book for their "Summer of Sea Adventures".
So, off I went to the Savannah Children's Theatre.
I knew I could find solace in the company of strangers, as I have in the past.
And so I did, surrounded by families celebrating this tale of an orphaned boy setting out to sea with on a giant peach, with only two insects, an arachnid, an invertebrate, and a hundred-legged creature. 
Sounds like a bunch of bugs, right?
However, that would be incorrect.
The ladybug, the grasshopper, the spider, the earthworm, and the centipede are none of them bugs, and only two are classified as insects.
Good to learn something new, isn't it?
Now, back into my groove for Sunday I go.
"Keeping Up Appearances" and "Are You Being Served?" will soon come on.
i thank You, God.

No comments: