Tuesday, July 2, 2024

just add 6 for the heat index...


Trust me, that means it's cooled off, ever so slightly.

Just ignore the rain symbol, as it's been wrong for the last few days.

Wait, I take that back - the rain comes very late at night, when most are asleep.

I hear it, though.

That's why the humidity has made the air nearly intolerable to breathe in the daytime.

Even so, I ventured out with mi amiga, Sandy for a luncheon!

We went to Chili's and talked for almost two hours - very nice!

We both went home with food for dinner, too.

That's a nice bonus!

That gave me something cool to eat after my workout in the front yard.

No need for the Purple Planet when I have the Ryobi to push around, yet again.

That wasn't today, though.

I worked on the front yard Saturday and Sunday.

Yes, that grass was already so thick that the mower battery ran out of juice before I was done on the first try, so I had to finish the next day... and ran that battery dry that time, too!

Today's efforts, though, ended with that big bag and little pile down by the curb.

Now, I'm going to have po' girl ceviche along with those leftover chips from Chili's while I wait for "The Quiz With Balls".

Nice to know I'll still have leftover Cajun Shrimp Pasta for tomorrow!

I'll most likely have it chilled.

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

A quick note: I've had my neighbors comment nicely about my front yard!
Not the Sullivans, but others who live here.
A husband and wife with their dog were walking on Sunday and told me how much they liked the patterns in the lawn!
"Quite imaginative!" the woman said, when I told her how much my great-nieces loved running the spiral and the diagonal.
"Your yard looks very nice!" another woman said yesterday, as she and a friend took their evening stroll.
I guess I need to be outside more often!