Friday, July 5, 2024

friday that felt like a monday

Hopefully, this will be the final out-of-sequence day, right?
I think the primary reason this felt like a Monday was because yesterday was such a Sunday.
The appointment at the Savannah VA Center - just a blood draw and urine sample for next week's visit with my PCP - did nothing to dissuade me of that notion.
Well, bah, I say!
This is Friday, and I was determined to make it "feel" that way!
So, right after the needle stick, I bounced next door to the AMC and started off my A*List with a matinee, as I usually do on Friday.
Success!
Seeing Alexis there helped to make that verification of week day.
What movie, you ask?
"Despicable Me 4"!!!
What a hilarious movie!!!
I wasn't the only one laughing out loud, I tell you!
Then I went to run some errands, as I usually do on Fridays.
I succeeded in purchasing a ticket for a musical tomorrow night, but not for the kid movie at the Lucas on Sunday.
No worries!
And at 5 PM... off to Jalapenos of Sandfly for the S&K Friday Fiesta!!!
It even tells you in the name which day of the week it is!
Hooray!
And Smitty had ribs for me!
Hooray!
Then I again attacked the back yard with my trusty Ryobi.
 

It's barely been two weeks, but the grass is crazy already!
I had noticed that sad situation yesterday when I'd trimmed the scrub oak around the bird bath and pulled sticker vines off the back of the house.
Next month, I'm supposed to find out if I'm getting a lower house insurance rate, and I wanted to make sure their drone saw walls clean of vegetation.
 

They don't seem to care about the lawn, but I took care of it anyway, mowing until the battery was exhausted.
Whew.
Me, too.
But it does look better... right?
YDR!
(That's an inside joke with the ex!) 
Now to sit in the cool of the house and watch more of "The Closer".
I found out last weekend that Peacock had the TV series with Kyra Sedgewick.
Odd, I don't remember how grisly some of these episodes were...
but I like the interactions between her and the men in the office.
I'm so glad to have these, now that political 'mercials are on air again.
What a relief to have choices!
(smile!)

No comments: