Monday, July 29, 2024

even at a higher setting, this was all i got


I knew the grass had grown during the vacation to Kissimmee, so I made an accommodation by raising the mower blade and inch above the usual setting.
I needn't have bothered.
The Ryobi gave it the best effort it could, but that thick growth was too much.
After only 45 minutes, the battery was completely exhausted.
So was I.

At least there are furrows to allow more water to evaporate, as more is forthcoming.
That began tonight, so I'm glad I hustled out to do that task.
Not only because it needed done, but also because I need the physical work.
Loss adjustment, still, ongoing.
Detective Noble's investigation is still ongoing, too.
At least he has information from Kristin and Carolyn, as they never seem to eliminate any text messages from their phones.
Perhaps he will soon have a story of what happened between Barbara and Kal on that Thursday morning last week.
Well, the logistics of it.
No one could ever know the conversation before those gunshots were fired.

No comments: