Saturday, July 13, 2024

time to count blessings so far!

Last year, it was year's end when I did this.
Now, on the eve of my Kissimmee vacation, I thought I'd get a head start on that.
That's because I know I'll have more wall-worthy events to add!
Shall I begin with the wall to my right in the dining room?
Absolutely!
There are thirty-three mementos taped up there.
This time, I've included the 11 concerts and other events which were my volunteer gigs at the Savannah Music Festival.
Very nice to have all of those on lower left!
Those were all free for me, helping my budget while I helped that others.
(smile!)
The "Cheers to 65 years!" dinner was free, as were a concert and a play festival at the Savannah Arts Academy, the Bee Sharps concert, the afternoon at a museum new to me, the celebration of puppet people, a family fun day as well as a lecture & reception for Frank Stewart at the Jepson, an imaginative play that was part of both the SBHF35 and the SJCAF3, multiple events from SBHF35 (not all on the wall), and multiple events for the SJCAF3 (not all on the wall).
Busy, vibrant woman, still.
(smile!)
Of all the events on that wall, there were only 12 events that cost me.
One of those was the annual shorts film festival of those with Oscar buzz.
Moreover, seven of the eleven remaining events, all staged, were musicals.
As they would say on "Beat Shazam", that's my jam!
So I feel blessed to have had so many in the first four months of 2024!
(smile!)
Did I say that was through April?
Not quite.
Two more from that month had to be carried over to this wall in the dining room.
All told there are 27 events there.
Of those the free ones for me were: four VBS mini-plays and a movie; a DEEP Sunday soiree with students; a film festival and two new exhibits at the Jepson Center; and a staged musical and reception.
Of the 17 that I paid to attend, those included a Banana Ball game, a shorts film festival for Black Maria, a dance show, a concert from women, another concert that was coed, fundraising revue, and a Broadway songfest.
That leaves only 10 theatrical performances this time for me to pay to see.
Eight of those ten were musicals.
(smile!)
Mind you, there were some I missed along the way...
but very few.
Now, off to Christina's house!
Our vacation starts tomorrow!!!
(smile!)

No comments: