Sunday, July 7, 2024

a minion by any other name...

... would still speak their own language?
... would still wear goggles?
... would still be as yellow?
Who knows!

So, looks like it's time for a Summer Kids matching game!
Yes, it has been quite a while since I did one of these.
True, I did do such a puzzle two years ago, in the fall...
but it wasn't for a Summer Kids Film Festival.
Nor was this one or this one, both from 2014. 
In 2018, I had this game and also this one, but not exclusive to kid movies.
Yes, the last Summer Kids matching game with quotes was in 2015, it seems.
I can't believe that was 9 years ago.
Maybe I can do one of those this year, but not right now.
This time is devoted to the foreign fellows.
Since I'm playing hooky from church, I might as well be creative with them!
(smile!)
I originally intended to write this after the however-manyeth viewing of "Minions: The Rise Of Gru", back in November of 2022.
I had the screening room all to myself, so I made it a game to see how many different names the little yellow guys were called.
That made it similar to the fun I had with Rocket in 2017!
I don't know why I never wrote the game then... just busy? 
But I'm rectifying that now!
And just what qualifies this as a Summer Kids movie?
It was the first offering at the AMC Summer Movie Camp, which our local AMC Classic 11 has been deigned as a nonparticipant by the great mother ship.
However, I have the list of those movies and I'm marking them off on my own, as the great majority are available free-to-me on Peacock.
I just saw one of those on Thursday evening, and will see five more of the eight total in the next few weeks, including one in Orlando at the Disney Springs AMC.
So, good for me!!!
Plus, having Minions recently on the silver screen has inspired me to make it up to them for not writing this game two years ago.
Good thing I made notes!
(smile!)

So, shall we proceed?
Here are the rules: Choose the person that said the name for the Minions.
Kindly note that some names may have been uttered by the same person, so that person may be the correct answer for multiple names.
Hey, I have to make it challenging, right?
(smile!
Here are the people involved:
 
A) Gru's mom

B) the big-haired birthday boy
 
C) the motorcycle-riding uncle of the big-haired birthday boy
 
D) Wild Knuckles
 
E) Gru
 
F) the airline desk clerk
 
G) the evil kung fu chick
 
H) the biggest bad guy of Wild Knuckles

*
*
*
These are the names they gave to the Minions. 

1) tater tot
 
2) this army
 
3) hippies
 
4) Twinkies
 
5) henchmen
 
6) kid
 
7) trespassers
 
8) soul brother
 
9) weird friends
 
10) little guys

*
*
*
Now, then, ready for the answers?
 
1) Surprisingly, this was by E) Gru. Then again, I enjoy that food, too!

2) and 5) Both by Gru's idol, D) Wild Knuckles.

3) It was F), the ticket seller, when the three Minions showed up wanting to purchase seats for the flight to San Francisco, where Wild Knuckles lived.

4) Another food reference, this time by B) the big-haired birthday boy. 

6) and 8) Both by C) the motorcycle-riding uncle of B), and both referring to Otto, the hitch-hiking Minion also headed to the home of the Golden Gate Bridge.

7) Of course this was from H) the biggest bad guy of Wild Knuckles, spoken when the Minions arrived at the house in San Francisco.

9) Who else but A) Gru's mom would call them that?

10) Spoken dismissively by G) the evil kung fu chick, but they showed her that dynamite comes in small packages!

*
*
*
Wasn't that fun?
I'm so glad I finally wrote this!
Now, off I go for a Summer Kids flick!
(smile!)

No comments: