Saturday, November 26, 2022

g-b-l ff and a grinch of a different color

"You have a Grinch that isn't the standard vile green?"
 
Well, I don't but that wascally wabbit did!
 
"Oh ho! You were up in time for the Bugs Bunny cartoons! Good for you. And is that the Tasmanian Devil?"
 
It is, there to fill those sacks with the Whoville... I mean, with whoever's decor and goodies. 
I saw "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" on Friday and that classic really got me into the spirit!
Hey, as I think I've mentioned, I've kept myself on Summer Time, even though the digital timepieces all say an hour earlier. 
I've been quite enjoying being up a little earlier to start my day, except I find myself staying up later than I should. 
I'm working on it, though!

"Change is good, right? Especially if you're going to have an hour of cartoons every Saturday morning, with no extra effort on your part."

True that!

"So, what's the alphabet soup about?"

Well, for Thanksgiving, Comcast gave me free access to prime channels. I thought about flipping around to different channels, gathering yon rosebuds whilst I may, as i usually do, but that got cancelled when I checked the listings on Here TV.

"That's the LGBT network, right?"

I would imagine it's one of several, but, yes, that's the one I have access to on these occasions. Anyway, I noticed it had some shorts - and I love those! So, I thought about having a shorts film festival. But then a few regular-length movies made their way into the mix. Hmmm... what to do, what to do?

"So, you went for the specific demographic targeted by the material?"

Bing, bing, bing!
And, of all the films I watched, the greatest majority was for the gay population. I guess that's not really news, right? The majority of any movies being made are by men and that's true in the LGBT world, too.
 
"I had not thought about that, but I guess you're right."
 
Oh, I absolutely am correct on this. It's not that I purposely chose films with gay leads and gay stories. That's just how the results of my random selection bore out.
 
"And so bisexuals were the second most dominant field?"
 
Yep. And those were genetically male bisexuals, too. I only had one movie that had a lesbian character, and she was a costar. There were none with transsexuals.
 
"Interesting. So that's why it's the G-B-L Film Festival?"  
 
Correcto mundo! So, here's the list!
"The Dead Boys' Club" (G) A lover's old party shoes transports the new wearer into the late 1970's disco world, before AIDS was in the picture. It's funny, too! The young man keeps wanting to use condoms for safe sex and no one understands why.
"Udrive" (G and B) Long-lost friend shows up in town, then the local finds out he's cheating on his girlfriend with his Uber fare.
"A Proper Man" (B and G) Bisexual man tries to find his identity after girlfriend dumps him. So he goes back in his mind through his past relationships with men and women.
"The Curse Of The Un-Kissable Kid" (G) Teen male tries to figure out why is isn't attracted to girls, then he takes a potion and finds out he's gay! Funny!
"Toeing The Line" (B and G) Two friends from high school days meet over beers, start talking of sex with married women, then end up in bed together.
"Thirteen Or So Minutes..." (B) Two guys meet over beers, talking about cunnilingus, then sexual positions, then end up in a motel room together.
"Perfect Family" (L) This was the first non-short and I chose it because Kathleen Turner was in it. She's vying for Catholic Woman Of The Year, but her daughter insists on marrying her female lover, her married son is making time with a manicurist, and her hubby is alcoholic. Hey, it's funnier than it sounds!
"Fat Girls" (G) Teen male is trying to figure out who he is and who to take to prom.
"Heels" (G and B) Fired yet again, Kevin is going to lose his girlfriend if he can't pay the rent. She took him to a drag show... and he enlists the aid of one of those entertainers to teach him the basics and a few moves so he can win the talent show. 
"Tennessee Qu--r" (G) Yes, I saw this one last year... and it's still fun! So... there!!!

"Yeah, I didn't see that listed elsewhere..."

Trust me, I've seen before. It would have been when I saw "Out West", about a woman who gets her gay friends from the big city to come save her family's ranch. What a hoot!

"Yeah, I didn't spot that one anywhere, either."

Well, they're here now!
And I'm going to work on wrapping more gifts!
My goal is to get all the local ones delivered this week.
Wish me luck!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I had not realized this post was hidden because of a movie title.
Seriously.
That last entry in the G-B-L FF. the one set in Tennessee?
Yeah, apparently that word "qu--r" is an alarm that sets off the censors.
So, I've changed it out, even though I know gays who prefer that designation.
I have complied!