Sunday, November 27, 2022

summertime type of day!

See what I mean?
With the outside temperature hovering in the mid-70's - yes, indeed!!! -
I felt the urge to treat myself to something I haven't had for a while.
This is the variation with canned tuna, as I didn't have any shrimp.
Honestly, it really is a po' girl's best bet, as it works out to be about 
one-third the cost of the dish these days in a restaurant.
Plus, I tend to pair it with WASA crispbreads or Triscuits to get crunch 
without the extra fat of fried tortilla chips.
Divine...
and just what I needed for something different!
I'm pairing it with a "summertime feel" movie too.
Thanks, Comcast, for the $1 Movie Rental!
That let me say hello to Hi in "Raising Arizona"!
Nicolas Cage and Holly Hunter are such a mixed bag of rocks 
couple out there in Tempe, with him as a repeat felon and her 
as the cop who photographs him each time he's arrested - 
what a meet-cute!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
I had another something different this morning, too.
No, it wasn't that I was at church for service.
I mean, yes, I've been a bit slack in showing up at Asbury Memorial of late, 
kinda sorta counting the extracurricular events - WN Suppers and
Afghani visitors - as "going to church".
(smile!)
Well, I literally was doing that very thing, though not at the sanctuary.
(smile!)
Today, I went there, to the sanctuary, even stopping to smell the warm roses
along the sidewalk.
(smile!)
They're best when they've been in the sun for a while.
I found that out when I was at Armstrong and always made a point 
of pausing for their aroma, even though I'm not a roses kind of girl.
Anyway... why did I go to church today?
The special guest was last Sunday, and I'd skipped that one.
Ah, but today was the first Sunday of Advent and that's a favorite for Reverend Billy.
So, I went there to be in his live audience.
I also went for communion.
I like to be there for that ceremony, so the first Sunday of the month usually finds me there, on one of the right hand pews, sitting near a stained glass window.
That's where I was today, too.
The service of Communion had been moved to this Sunday, due to Advent.
As it turned out, I was meant to be there.
We performed an old Jewish song at closing, instead of our usual "Here I Am, Lord" -
and that was a nice change of pace, something different.
We also all sang "They Will Know We Are Christians", which, as it turns out, is one of my favorites, as it has a Native American tonal quality and pacing.
Jewish and Native American songs, at a downtown church in Savannah, Georgia.
Right place, right time.
i thank You, God.

No comments: