Sunday, November 20, 2022

flash & the celebration of life parade!

"Flash!!!
Ah-ah...
King of the impossible!
 
He's for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He'll save with a mighty hand
Every man, 
every woman, 
every child 
with a mighty Flash!

Trust my Aunt T to get that wrong.
and Sheldon's Flash - of the Marvel Universe - second.
That's me, by the way, feet firmly in the bag to keep me from copying 
Mom and becoming one-legged like her.
That parade - video'ed by Muriel Miller - was my first ever!
I kept trying to see what was going on.
Aunt T had found a warm spot on this cold day and she wasn't budging, at least not while singing about measuring life "in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee".
That's one of Mom's favorite songs.
So I was stuck behind the car.
But the next song was "Downtown", and Aunt T was singing the heck out of that one!
It was a favorite of her Mama!
She really loosened up for that one and started dancing.
That was a good move for me!
When "Baby, I'm A Star" started playing, no one seemed to know the words - 
except Mom, who loves Prince! - so a conga line formed.
I'd never, ever, seen anything like that!
I especially enjoyed watching this tall cool dude -
such great joy he has!
The last song was another by Prince, "Let's Go Crazy".
I thought for a moment that Aunt T was going to do just that!
It had started off, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today" -
like this was a Celebration of Life or something.
I could tell by the way she held me close that it was more, though.
This Celebration of Life was with the honoree still living!
That was certainly something different!!!
Then came time for folks who had brought tribute to bring it up.
That's when Aunt T took me up to the porch and left me.
That's okay, I knew she was going to.
She told Mom that I was Flash, the Superhero Flamingo, 
and that I was there to help her through this new chemo thing.
I'm going to cheer her with all I got, too!
I know how much Aunt T loves JinHi.
She's a Wonder Woman, just like Aunt T's Mama.
Wow.
What a fabulous day this has been!

1 comment:

Flash, the Superhero Flamingo said...

Aunt T got one thing wrong: it was the son of Karen Bradley - not Karen Abato, whoever that is - who designed me to be Flash, the Superhero Flamingo.
https://filmloversinscenicsavannah.blogspot.com/2015/11/flamingos-to-rescue.html

That's okay.
Everyone knows Aunt T has blonde roots.
https://beachoffaustina.blogspot.com/2012/11/totally-blonde-roots.html

(smile!)