Saturday, November 12, 2022

tweety and alice and roses and hyacinth!

Something different!
Dixie Chick en croissant, with apple slices to offset the onions in it!
I saved the other half, and that luscious grape salad, for slunch, 
even eating the cookie as dessert!
Many thanks from this veteran, Chicken Salad Chick!
And, yes, that's Scott on the coffee mug.
He helped me get set up with AAA when I changed car insurance last month.
Liberty didn't offer road service, but saved me $200.
Bye, bye, GEICO!
Speaking of change, I caught all of "Bugs Bunny And Friends" this morning!
That's because I've been up by 9AM every morning since the time change.
As far as my body is concerned, that's 10AM... 
so I'm keeping my body on schedule.
No more fighting the "fall back"!
And since this is going to be my new groove, I'll be enjoying extra daylight in the morning 
to offset that loss of light in the early evening.
That should make for a more positive winter... with more Tweety Bird!
 
Something different!
Collective Face Theatre Ensemble joined forces with Savannah Children's Theatre for a quasi-musical!
"Alice's Adventures In Wonderland" had a first act with no songs, then a second act filled with singing.
Quite unusual... and more humorous than expected!
Before the show, David Poole pulled me aside to tell me  his latest news: his teaching job has been terminated.
He told me he knew I would understand that feeling of loss.
Sadly, it may be the end of CFTE as well, he said.
I certainly hope he will be able to keep the troupe alive, but I know it's been a financial strain.
Savannah needs his creativity, so evident in this show.
I'll be hoping for the best!
Time to switch gears for some adult humor!
Comcast gifted me with a $1 Movie as part of a fundraiser project, so I grabbed "The War Of The Roses"!
Not only is it a particularly black comedy, but it has that sultry voice of 35-year-old Kathleen Turner and the boyish charm of Michael Douglas, ten years her senior, repeating their chemistry from "Romancing The Stone" five years earlier.
That lovely statue on the banister?
She's a naked Japanese goddess.
Both had bid on her during an active estate auction, with the gymnast eventually outbidding the future lawyer... which led straight to a meet-cute relationship and eventual marriage.
It gets pretty dark after that, and pitch black when the kids go off to college.
Very good movie!
That definitely called for something a little lighter before bed.
"Keeping Up Appearances" filled the bill nicely!
There were two episodes, split into different times on different channels.
I had thought, as both are public stations, that the episodes would be the same.
Au contraire, as Hyacinth Bucket ("pronounced Bouquet!) might exclaim!
The one on GPB had Richard buying her an alarm system for the house as an anniversary gift, with hilarity after he sets it off and forgets the date of their wedding, which she had set as the code.
Hahahaha! Silly chap!
The one on SCE, two hours earlier, had Hyacinth starting a business to train others how to be hostesses, given her experience with "candlelight dinners", with the problem arising when folks misread the ad she posted and believe her to be a stripper for stag parties!
Very funny!
I'll just need to remember to check out both next week!
(smile!)

No comments: