Tuesday, November 29, 2022

puss in boots: "the last wish?"

"Devotion," She said.

When I told Fred yesterday that my theme for this week's A*List was that conversation, he got a kick out of it.

I like that kid at AMC 10.

In fact, I like quite a few of the folks that work at the cinema.

It's just too bad that they hardly ever get to go to the movies.

Right?

But I certainly understand.

When I left work, I didn't ever want to go back on my own time.

I get it... but, it's still sad.

I would have thought working at the cinema would be my ideal job!

So, what about this week's trio?


Well, "Puss In Boots: The Last Wish" was absolutely delightful and very funny!

This was a one-night-only advance screening, so I'm glad I caught it.

I'm especially glad that several families were in there with me for it!

I'd tried to get mi amigas to come along, but that was a no-go.

Still, as I told them, I will most def see this again at Christmas when it opens!

"Devotion" was based on a true story of a Navy flyer during the Korean War.

Apparently, they still hold out hope of finding some part of him on that mountain.

I don't think they fully understand what happens to mere mortal flesh when a heavy-duty steel plane is scuttled, much less when two such are destroyed.

Trust me when I say that such thermal destruction leaves naught behind but melted metal.

As a CTM in the Navy, I had my share of destroying sensitive equipment.

I liked this movie even more so than "Top Gun: Maverick", as the ending was realistic.

And I liked "She Said" more than I had expected.

Such a fine portrayal of responsible reporting at a major newspaper!

No rushing to print without tangible proof, not for them.

That was good.

I found it also very good that real, live, actresses - Ashley Judd, Gwyneth Paltrow, women whose work I respect - allowed their names and stories to be used.

That's the only way that change can happen: brave people coming forth to make it so.

Good for them.

Good for that naval aviator, Jesse Brown, for leaving such a legacy.

Good for Antonio Banderas for welcoming us to the cinema.

Now, "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" is on and it's time for me to go!

I've invited Christina and Michael and their four little blondes to "watch" with me!

Something different!!!

Hooray!!!

No comments: