Friday, November 25, 2022

tuesday on a friday

I went to Pooler today!
 
"For Black Friday shopping at the outlets there?"
 
Not hardly!
When I'd wished Thanksgiving greetings to Jackie yesterday, she'd taken the opportunity to set up a Meetup event to see "The Fablemans" at the GTC Cinema there!
Like, justthatfast!
She drove and Denise joined us for the film.
Very nice movie, too, with much of the action in the late 50's and early 60's.
That's a bit before my time, as I was not even school aged for that time period, but Jackie remembered more of that era.
 
"What about the other woman?"
 
I think she may have been between our ages.
She lives right in Pooler, so she had jumped at this sudden Boomers In Motion event posting for that town.
Good for her!
Afterward, she had dinner plans, so Jackie and I headed back to my car in Savannah.
We'd met up at Ruby Tuesday's, so by the time we returned there, it was slunch time!
 
"Hahahaha! What did she think of your made-up meal?"
 
I don't know, as I didn't think to mention that name to her.
We were both pretty food-focused by that time.
Hannah was the only waitress there, so I'm glad there were only a few other diners.
Sure, it was only 4 PM, but I think more folks are dining at odd times these days.
 
"Well, there's a new flu going around, so people are trying to be careful."
 
Very true.
I was to have met with Aunt Barbara on Wednesday, but she had a stomach bug.
We're going to try again next week.
 
"So, Ruby Tuesday for dinner?"
 
Actually, that Blackened Shrimp and Sausage Penne was so plentiful that I took half of it home for dinner!
I made a bit of extra pasta to add to it, but that worked out perfectly!
Thanks for asking!
 
"Ha ha. You funny."
 
Hey, I try!
My good humor is what made Jackie glad to add me to her Meetup group.
That promises to be something different for me, too.
We really got along well and talked about all manner of things.
Oh, and one of those was Chatham county property taxes!
Next year, she told me to be sure to file for the 65+ exemption.
You better believe I will!
I'll make sure Barbara and Carolyn know about that, too.
Neither of them had ever heard about the 62+ exemption and their property taxes are a good bit higher than mine.
 
"Very good! One of the harder things about your parents dying so early in your life is not finding out about these age perks. It's good that you're friends with several high school classmates, as they're the ones who've clued you in."
 
Amen to that, g'friend!
Now, "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" is back on from 'mercial break.
It's my first Christmas special of the season...
and certainly a favorite!!!
So, catch ya, later, alligator!
 
"After a while, crocodile!"

No comments: