Friday, May 10, 2024

mariposa social


For sure I was there to wish Laura a happy bday57!!!

That's actually tomorrow, but I don't know that I'll see her then.

I'm so glad our 'family' at the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta were able to help her celebrate tonight!

Glad I wasn't the only one capturing the moment on camera - those are Betsy's and Mary's phones in the picture, along with our favorite waitress, Claudia.

Muy bien a todos!!!

As for me being a social butterfly, I certainly was tonight, flitting from one part of the tables to another, engaging folks in conversation!

I had Tony and Laura talk to me about Bert's First Communion, finding out they all went out to lunch together afterward - that's fabulous news for him and Hope!

I also spoke with Tony about Summerville and the story "Prisontown" and encouraged him to go to Paradise Garden someday.

I asked Smitty about his golfing forays and made the mistake of saying "shanked a ball"... oops! That's like talking about "MacBeth" to an actor!

I talked with Addison (down for Mothers' Day from UGA) and Becca about movies, recommending "Abigail" - 'cause I know they like horror - and also "The Fall Guy".

Jimmy and I talked about theatre and he asked how I got into it. I told him about Ms. Thorne's senior English class and "MacBeth" and how that led to me being with A.C.T.O.R. in Okinawa, then the Masquers at Armstrong. He got hooked when he was in 1st grade and he was in a play! Very nice!

And we all got involved when the topic of Joe Diffie songs came up! My vote was for "Third Rock From The Sun", naturally! Others liked "Pickup Man", "Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox (If I Die)", and "Honky Tonk Attitude". We all agreed that it was a shame he'd died during that first March of the pandemic. My guess is the pun-loving man would have written a song about that!

What a lovely evening with my brothers and friends!

Mark even missed his ride so he could get a hug from me - very nice!

Now, I've watched "Penn & Teller: Fool Us" and it's time for something else... like a $1 Movie Night Reward from Comcast.

My choice is "Watress: The Musical", a film I first saw back in December. I plan to watch it at least three times in the next 48 hours!!!

Woohoo!!!

No comments: