Saturday, May 4, 2024

movie and dinner for a girls' night out!

Woohoo!

I threw on my green dress and was waiting on mi amiga Barbara when she pulled up!

She had a carload, too, with Betty in the back with me.

Sandy was in the front, as it was her SUV that Barbara was driving.

Then, downtown we went for a rarity with Cinema Savannah: a comedy!!!

I kid you not!!!

It was "Rye Lane", from 2022, and was absolutely delightful!

And the music... straight outta the 80's it was, with "Sign Your Name" being sung at a party by an older fellow, then Salt-N-Pepa's "Shoop" being done at a karaoke bar by the twosome trying to work a favor out of the bar owner.

I sure did have my hands waving and feet dancing for that one!!!

Good call, Tomasz!

Glad to see Rob and Lindsay Norman there, too!

I made sure to show them the photo of the BoneLord waving to the crowd at SMF!


Then we four ladies were off!

But, to where???

I suggested E-TANG... and that's where we went!!!

Barbara and Sandy each ordered dinner, but Betty and I went for dumplings.

She had soup dumplings, which sounded good, but too messy for me.

I had steamed gyoza, and a plentiful amount too - 8 for $7.95!!!

What a deal!

Not as good as the dozen I'd get for only 150 yen in Okinawa - meaning 12 for less than $2 - but that was in 1981, so this deal tonight was like heaven to me.

And what's that plate of greenery?

The garlic cucumbers that I ordered to share with all!

No need to have dragon breath all by myself!

LOL!

And our waitress commented on how nice we all looked on our girls' night out!

Very nice!

What a lovely evening this has been!!!

No comments: