Thursday, May 23, 2024

mushnik and son???

"I thought you went to see "Little Shop Of Horrors" tonight. Did you change your mind?"

As if!

"G'friend, that's from "Clueless", not that musical."

Oh, I am so sure!

"And now you're a "Valley Girl"? Is that it?"

Hey, I'm just going for a little perspective here. I'm just setting the mood for this musical, a'ite? After all, it was an update of the 1960 film, a time warp into the next generation's post-"Rocky Horror Picture Show" zeitgeist.

"I definitely catch your drift. Sail on!"

Yes, let's! As you may recall, I was destined to be there tonight! Right place, right time! I arrived right about thirty minutes before the show, amazed to find there were still tickets. Hooray! I was even able to snag one of my favorite seats - that would be L-24, right behind the wheelchair access space - with plenty of room to stretch my legs and dance. Hooray!

"Wow! The SCAD students had not already snapped that up?"

They swarmed in 15 minutes later. They all had free tickets, as this production was by the SCAD School of Film and Acting. This was definitely a sold-out show, as Foreigner would attest! The show was even delayed by 10 minutes so all could find seats.

"You were so fortunate to be at the Lucas at all!"

You're telling me! I made sure I warned those around me that I'd be dancing in my seat and singing along, and they assured me that would be fine. Which was great! I had forgotten that there were six songs that were not in the movie... and those were part of a plot line also absent from the movie... and led to an ending totally unlike that of the movie! Pretty incredible! That's okay. Remember, I was there for "Suddenly Seymour", and that was spot on!!! Kudos to Allen McBride and Eva Daskos!

"That's them in the photo? Nice! And I see the 'Greek chorus' girls in the bottom corner of that second photo and the upper corner of this one. How many clothing changes for them?"

Only two. They stayed in the same wardrobe until near the end of the second act. That's when they got dolled up and glamorous! And before I forget: Micah Engle brought the house down as the dentist!!! Seriously!!! Every time his character came on, the students in the audience just erupted with applause. Justifiably so, too!

"Very nice! Names to look for in Broadway shows some day!"

Speaking of dolled up, this is the Davenport House at night. Somehow, I'd overlooked its night lights on my returns to Columbia Square.


No comments: