Thursday, May 30, 2024

yes, i'm... if in the middle... with you!

Did you think of the song? Tell me you thought of the song!!!

"What's up? Song? Whatever are you on about?"

The Stealers Wheel tune!

"Sorry, I must have been distracted. You know we have that signing of the updated Living Trust coming up and I'm kinda sorta watching the clock."

Well, you're no fun. There I was, trying to lighten the mood by riffing on a chorus from your high school days, and you t-o-t-a-l-l-y missed it.

"How's about we try again. You post the title and I'll give it a shot."

Oh whatta goo soo r.

"Hahahaha! Now, that riff on a joke played on Sheldon is funny! That was the episode of TBBT when the boys were waiting in line for the Indiana Jones movie with two extra minutes of footage and the girls were having a sleepover. Penny had to show Amy and Bernadette how to make a prank phone call!"

Alrighty! You're back! Now that I have your attention, let's look at my A*List, shall we?

"Major coolness! As you know, that one is much better than General Ennui. LOL!"

And we're off and running with puns!

"That's better than running with scissors!"

(smile!)

For sure! 

"So, what were your three movies this time?"


Well, so far, it's "The Blue Angels" and "If". I'm really hoping to win that trip to New York! Yet another reason I went to see it last week.

"Only two this week, though? You still have time for a third one today."

True, and I hope to do that, but will be after dinner with my brothers. We're going to Texas Roadhouse at 6 PM, so which movie will depend on what time we're done. That depends on how long we have to wait.

"Oh, yeah. They don't take reservations."

Correct. So, I'm tentatively planning to see either "Ezra" or "The Dead Don't Hurt", which both have a 7 PM start time. As we all know, that means the movie begins at 7:25. So, I see that as very possible. If not, then I know I'll be able to make "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga", though it won't be on the Big D. I'm okay with that.

"What a mixed bag of choices! An autism pitch with Robert De Niro, the western written and directed by Viggo Mortensen, or the post-apocalyptic road race in the desert... wow. I don't even know which one to root for."

Me, neither. That's why I'm going to let the whim of the moment guide me, though I'm secretly rooting for the western. I don't get many of those.

"I hear you. Well, good luck with all that. Have a nice dinner with family!"

Thanks! I just love these birthday outings!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Howdy, y'all!
I did get to see the western after dinner, so it was the last dance of my A*List.
What a might fine dance it was, too!
More than anything else it was a romance.
A nontraditional romance, for sure, but definitely a love story.
Viggo Mortensen not only wrote, directed, produced, and starred in "The Dead Don't Hurt', but also - listen to this - wrote the score!!!
And he played multiple instruments for the score!!!
Amazing...
and I loved the way it ended, with the ocean in the background all through the credits and the very last thing on screen was that same beach scene, with the only sound being that of the waves rolling ashore.
Wow.